Thursday

Hey guys!!!! Sorry it's been so long since I last updated, finally had a chance to write again. Hope you guys like it. I'll try to update Behind a Smile as soon as I can. The song on the side/top is Yellow Light by Of Monsters and Men, the one I linked is a really good cover but feel free to listen to the original. :) tell me what you think of the chapter in the comments. Just as a warning this was not proofread.
*
*
*

Yesterday had been an extremely emotionally charged day, especially during the night. You'd laid there for a while just thinking about everything, trying to sort out your emotions. But you didn't really have any luck with that, it only ended up making you feel even more confused.

Even now you just felt extremely nervous, the same feeling that you got when giving a presentation, except it mostly consisted of a cluster of butterflies and thoughts of Vanitas. You couldn't even eat breakfast and just sat there stirring your cereal around, chin resting in the palm of your hand.

"(Name) honey, what's wrong?" Your mom asked, a look of concern on her face, "and don't you dare say nothing because it clearly isn't nothing."

"I'm just really nervous for school today," you said.

"Why is that? You can talk to me honey," she said sitting down on the chair next to you, "Is it because of last night?"

"Yeah, it's not Zack though... It's Vanitas."

"That boy just has a nack for stealing my daughter's heart doesn't he," she said pulling you into a hug.

"I know that I really like him, a lot, just like before. But I really doubt he has feelings for me. And then there's also Zack, who I don't have feelings like that for. And then I'm worried that my feelings will come between the awesome friendship that Vanitas and I have, especially because I can't imagine even talking to him today," you blurted out everything so fast you weren't even sure your mom understood half of what you had said.

"No wonder you're feeling like this, you're overloading yourself with things to worry about. Just focus on what you can control. Not what you can't."

You just looked at her, not saying anything.

"Okay, do you like Vanitas?"

"Yes, but-"

"No buts. Are the two of you good friends?"

You nodded yes.

"Okay! So just focus on that. Yes you have feelings for him, it's only natural," she smiled, "and the two of you are good friends. Just focus on building that friendship. There's no reason for your feelings to complicate your relationship. It never did before, so don't worry now."

"Thanks mom," you said hugging her. You knew she meant well with everything she was saying but it wasn't going to be that easy, not this time.
-----------

He still couldn't believe how stupid he'd been last night. And now he was going to have to deal with the consequences today. Just the thought of seeing you again made him feel so awkward. Why did he even care so much? I mean not like he hadn't cared before but it was so much more this time around. Plus Zack took you home yesterday, what if something had happened? Wait... Why did he even care!?

"Ugh!" He let out an exasperated sigh, even his stupid hair wasn't cooperating with him today. You would definitely notice. Why did he keep caring! He never cared before!

"Oooo trying to impress someone?" Sora asked wiggling his eyebrows as he walked into the bathroom.

"Don't you even dare," Vanitas mumbled as he stomped out to his room.