Friday

HEY GUYS!! So I know it's been an insanely long time since I last updated this story, and I apologize for that but I'm glad to finally be able to get this out there now! Thanks for all of the support even though I've been gone for so long, I know a lot of you have been waiting for this chapter for so long so I hope you enjoy it!! The picture for this chapter was one I found on google to just maybe help you picture the setting and the chapter song is Song For Zula, it felt like it set the right mood. Let me know what you think!! L/N= last name F/N= first name

Saying you were nervous for the day was an understatement. From the moment you woke up in the morning all the way to the end of the school day you were going crazy just thinking about what Vanitas's surprise could be. You weren't so nervous about the surprise but the fact that it involved you spending time with him, alone. You were happy about it of course but it was just really nerve racking even though you knew he felt the same about you. Maybe it was the fact that you never actually expected this to happen even when you liked him before so you were carrying the nervousness from then too. All through out the day Vanitas had been teasing you like his usual self and bringing up the surprise constantly. During lunch you had to get away and luckily you were able to with the help of Xion and the girls. Now you just had to get through detention and you'd be okay.

"So, after detention I have been ordered to take you home," Xion said as you waited outside.

"Wait, what? Vanitas said something about a surprise though."

Xion laughed, "Oh don't worry, you'll definitely be getting your surprise. I might kind of be in on it, a little..."

"Xion!" you threw your hand up in the air, "Have you not seen me freaking out about this all day? Can't I get some kind of a hint?"

"I'm afraid not. But, I promise that it's really great! Vanitas can be really thoughtful when he wants to be."

On cue, Vanitas was walking towards the two of you, his earbuds hanging around his neck, one hand stuffed in his pocket and the other grabbing onto the strap of his backpack, his thumb between it and his shoulder.

"Hey there little birdie," Vanitas said, fist bumping Xion who just laughed at the look you gave the both of them.

"When did the two of you form an alliance?" you questioned, jokingly.

"Last night," Xion chirped, "Along with a few of the others but, I'm gonna go, I'll see you in a bit," with that she walked off leaving you with Vanitas.

"So..." Vanitas said, putting an arm around you, which you shrugged off.

"Oh come on (Y/N)."

"Nope, that's what you get for not giving me any hints about the surprise."

"Hey, that's not fair. If I gave you any hints it wouldn't be a surprise any more. But it's okay just a few more hours to go till then."

**

Thankfully for you detention was uneventful, besides the usual shenanigans. You and Vanitas walked down the hall towards the front of the school, shoulders brushing against each other and sending butterflies flying around in your stomach.

Xion was parked right in the front, on schedule. Vanitas walked you up to the car.

"Hey guys!" Xion said as you sat down in the car, putting your bag in front of you.

"So, I'll pick you up around 7:30," Vanitas said, leaning through the car window with a huge smile on his face. In that moment you realized how much he looked like Sora, and while you were lost in thought you were caught off guard. Vanitas quickly leaned in and kissed you on the cheek before turning around and walking towards his car. You just sat there stunned, with Xion laughing at you.