He Wasn't Giving Up On Her

Dick's apartment, 10:30 AM,

Harley's head rested on Dick's chest as she slept, he had been awake for a good while now, just thinking. Thinking about what was going to happen next. He wasn't going to go back on what was happening between him and Harley, even if every friend he has would turn their back on him, he wasn't giving up on her. People were going to have to find out eventually, whether Dick wanted that or not. He'd need to start by telling someone, someone who can always be trusted, someone who would never turn their back on Dick. Alfred. He'd start by telling Alfred. After all, he was the only person who would be at Wayne Manor with Dick over the next few days. The next person on the list was Tim, but even that felt like a long shot.

Before Dick thought about it anymore, Harley started to wake up. Lifting her head, she looked over at Dick and smiled. She leaned in slightly closer and planted a kiss on his cheek. "You're still 100% sure about the two of us?" She still felt like there was some uncertainty in a future for the two of them that needed to be cleared up. "Absolutely." He said into her ear. "There's nothing I did last night that I even come close to regretting." He placed a hand on her face and kissed her lips again before they were both interrupted by Dick's phone buzzing. Harley rolled her eyes and gestured with her head for him to check what it was. He looked at the screen to find a text from Tim: "Bruce asked me to remind you to be at the manor today" Dick forgot about the manor. Tim and maybe Jason would probably show up there at some point and Dick wasn't going to leave Harley here, he'd told her she could come with him, he'd have to go there with her soon, before anyone else could get there.

He got out of bed and grabbed his clothes off the floor before turning to Harley. "We're gonna have to leave pretty soon, I'll grab some stuff for you to change into." He said, putting his clothes on. He realised the difference in sizes, she was much smaller, so he had an idea. At the manor were some of his older clothes, hopefully a younger Dick Grayson's clothes would fit present day Harley Quinn. In the meantime, she'd just have to wear something from his current wardrobe, so he handed her a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. "This not gonna be too big?" She asked.

"Yeah, but there'll be some smaller stuff at the manor." That had just reminded Harley where they were going. "Wait, we're going there now!?" Her eyes widened and a smile grew on her face. She went in to give him a hug but, since she was still on the bed, didn't quite reach his height, so she had to just be content with hugging his abs.

Just outside Wayne Manor, 11:15 AM,

Dick had decided to bring his car this time, Harley was going to have to hide in there for a few minutes while Dick checked who was in the manor. He walked up and knocked. Relatively quickly, Alfred answered. "Master Dick! I'm glad you could make it." The butler smiled.

"Hey, Al. Is anyone else in the manor right now?" Dick asked, Alfred shook his head, seeming slightly sceptical. "Good, I need to tell you something."

"Ah, well, alright then." Alfred was slightly taken aback, Dick seemed bothered by something. "If it's important as it seems, I suppose it is best you tell me."

"Okay, I'll get straight to it. Long story short, I'm uhh, I'm gonna be having someone else staying here with me." Dick had trouble addressing the situation. "Short story long, that night Bruce sent me to stop Harley Quinn at the bridge, she didn't escape. She was injured in the explosion, so I took her back to my apartment." Dick noticed shock on Alfred's face, before Dick was even sure Alfred was going to say anything, he cut him off. "Since then, things have...developed. She's seen my identity she's met Tim, or Red Robin, if you want to be serious, and just last night me and her...we,uh...I kinda slept with her last night." Alfred gasped as Dick said this.

"Master Dick, I...I'm not quite sure what to say..." He noticed Dick was cringing slightly. This was the first time he'd told anyone, perhaps the first time he'd fully told himself. "...but I'm sure you've made the right choice." He placed a hand on Dick's shoulder. "You're giving off a lot of emotions right now but regret isn't one of them. If you think she's worthy of your trust and affection, you're probably right." Dick breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank you so much, Al." He hugged Alfred. "Knew I could trust you."

"Now," Alfred stepped back slightly and adjusted his bow tie. "would you and Miss Quinn like me to prepare something to drink?" Dick smiled. Alfred was always like this, always ready to embrace whatever Dick, Bruce or any of the family decided to do, and he'd meet any of those decisions with loyalty.

One of Wayne Manor's living rooms, 5:56 PM,

Dick and Harley were sat together on one of Bruce's expensive luxury couches, watching TV together after sharing a meal and a bottle of high class wine. Alfred came in occasionally to collect and deliver the occasional tray, glass and plate, and also just to check on them. It had always made him happy to see one of the family find love, Dick was probably the only one to have done that. Alfred had spent so much time trying to convince Bruce to at least try not living alone, since then, he took Dick, Jason, Tim and Barbara under his wing. Then, of course, there was everything to have happened between Bruce and Talia Ảl Ghῦl, resulting in Damian. Still, Bruce and Talia hadn't been together since. None of the others had been with anyone either, except for Dick and Barbara, Barbara had dated Dick and Dick hasn't had the best history with making his relationships last. Would the current situation with Harley go any differently? Dick seemed to care enough about her, and there was enough to say Harley had changed who she was, but who's to say she won't change back?

Up next: The manor gets a visitor...