One Hell Of A Team

Wayne Manor, 11;03 AM,

Dick woke up on the couch, with Harley in his arms, he smiled at the thought of last night, he barely remembered but he like the thought of the two of them falling asleep in each others arms. What had woken him up was the sound of knocking at the door. He entertained the thought of getting up to answer it, but didn't want to wake Harley. He'd have to wait until Alfred got the door. His footsteps could be heard along with the opening of the door. As well as the voice of the visitor, Tim. Wait. Tim was a door away from finding Dick and Harley.

Dick nearly jolted up, waking Harley. She slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes. "Mornin'" She groaned, still tired and unaware as to what situation was one door away. Before either of them could say a word to each other, the door opened. Alfred entered and shut the door behind him quickly. "Ah good, you're both up." He said, keeping his voice down. "Master Tim is here, he said he wanted to talk. I'm assuming he's unaware of your...umm, love life, if you will." He said, holding the door shut with one had behind his back. Dick got up and began stretching slightly "No, he doesn't know," Dick explained "thanks, Al." Dick then turned to Harley. "Would you mind waiting here a sec?" He asked

"Yeah, sure." She yawned, still waking up.

"Thanks." Dick smiled before walking out the door as Alfred held it open for him. As Dick left, Alfred headed to the kitchen area to start making breakfast. Dick left the room, slightly nervous about Tim finding out he'd slept with Harley. "Hey, Tim." He waved slightly. "Heard there's something you wanna talk about?" He asked as Tim shut the front door behind him. Dick had realised he kept being about to do things he would do when nervous, like twitching or fiddling, but he stopped himself. "Uhh, yeah, if you've got nothing going on right now." Tim said. "I mean, I tried calling but..." Tim noticed that Dick, in an attempt to nervously avoid eye contact, had looked ever so slightly down and to the left, revealing bruises on his neck and shoulder. Not bruises from any criminal or attacker. From something else entirely. These weren't regular bruises, they were love bites, or hickeys. Tim put two and two together and realised what was going on. "...but clearly you've been busy...with her." Tim almost scowled.

"What?" Dick jolted. "Tim...what are you-"

"Don't think i'm stupid, Dick." Tim folded his arms. "I can see the hickeys on your neck, and I doubt they're from anyone other than the person who's been in your bedroom for the the past week." Tim had it all figured out. He was always a great detective, arguably on par with Bruce in that field. Tim paused for a few seconds, then sighed. "If you honestly think this is a good idea, I'm sorry, but you're just as crazy as she is."

"Tim, I know it seems like a horrible idea, but you just need to trust me on this one," Dick near pleaded with his brother "at least for now, or until we can stop Joker. Because she can help us do that."

"Fine," Tim gave in. "but things are gonna be like they were before, before you bedded a super villain. She's not gonna know who I am, she's not gonna know who Jason is, no-one. She's gonna be indirectly working with Red Robin and Red Hood, that's it." Tim was uncharacteristically stern, we wasn't like this normally like this, but he was concerned. He was genuinely worried his brother had set himself up for betrayal, and another heartbreak. "Deal." Dick shook Tim's hand. "You don't have to trust her, but I do. She wants to help us, she really does." Tim didn't respond. "The deal between Joker, Penguin and Two-Face that Harley mentioned is happening tonight, tell Jason to meet us on top of Elliot Memorial Hospital, I'll get the rest of the information by then." Dick sighed and paused for a moment. "Please, don't tell Jason, don't tell anyone. I'll... they'll know when the time is right."

"Fine." Tim started to turn away. "I'l see you tonight, Dick." Tim left the manor, closing the door behind him. Dick very nearly flipped out. If he had the place to himself, he'd have yelled a curse word as soon as Tim had left, but he didn't want to let Harley or Alfred know something was wrong. Dick closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, thinking about the future. When was he going to tell everyone? Was there a right time? If there was, it would probably be before he found himself sleeping with a psychopath.

Elliot Memorial Hospital, 11:33 PM,

Dick was waiting patiently and alone in the rain for his brothers to arrive. He had to be there first before Tim and Jason. Although Tim would never intentionally tell Jason what he now knew, he could end up letting something slip accidentally. Dick couldn't risk leaving the two alone. He heard a splash of water behind him, heavier than any of the raindrops. Dick turned around to see Tim had arrived, looking like he just wanted to get to business, even through the mask it was noticeable. "What have we got?" He asked. "What are we looking for here?"

"All she knows is that Two-Face is gonna be there, as is Penguin, but Joker's not gonna show, he'll send a representative." Dick explained. "As far as what to look for, she said it was somewhere around here, and there'd be three trucks. That's all she said she knew."

"Do you believe her?" Tim asked after a few moments silence.

"Yeah, and you need to as well." He said this and the two of them looked over the city, both contemplating the situation, before Dick broke the silence. "This has always been fun, right? Us, brothers, working together, especially when the others are here, Jason, Damian, hell, a few times we basically had the whole family working all together at once." Tim looked at his brother, who was still staring over the city. He smiled at Dick. "Yeah, we make one hell of a team."

Before the conversation developed, they received a call on their comms unit, a call from Jason.

Up next: The deal...