You're Gonna Listen To Me Now

Wayne Manor, 7:30 PM

Dick and Harley jumped at the loud blast from the front door. "Go suit up." She said. "I'll check this out." Dick nodded and sped back into his room to grab his costume. Harley crept along the corridor, resisting the urge to leap out and try her new gear on whoever decided to blow the front doors down. That urge grew so much larger when she heard an all too familiar voice call out. "Batsy! You home?" Joker was here. How did he know to come to the manor? Judging by the fact that he called out for Batman, he knew about his identity, did he know all the others? How did he find out?

Harley figured it out. She fell back on the wall next to her and put her hand over her mouth. It was her fault. This was all her fault. Joker had full remote access to her phone still, meaning he could trace it, access the camera, microphone and anything else to help gather the information needed. Harley felt like crying, she'd just let down the very people she'd promised to win the trust of. There was no possible way Bruce, or anyone else could trust her. She even debated whether or not Dick would still trust her after this.

Now out of Harley's sight since she had turned away to realise her thoughts, Joker strutted further into the manor, he turned to a corridor where he could hear someone moving around. "That you Bats?" Joker reached into his jacket. "Or just one of those little brats of yours?" Just then, Damian leaped out, latching onto Joker's back and wrapping his arms around the clown's throat. Using the size and weight disadvantage Damian had, Joker, threw Damian onto the floor in front of him and pulled a gun from his jacket and held it to Damian's head. Damian was about to move before Joker cocked the gun. "Play nice, kiddo." He grinned. "I'm only here for your pops, see? Be a good kid and tell me where he is will ya?" He pressed the gun more firmly against the boy's head, his finger wrapped tighter on the trigger. "Go to hell, clown." Damian scowled, not showing Joker any hint of being intimidated. "Not funny, kid." Joker was milliseconds from pulling the trigger before a birdarang knocked the gun from his hand. "Get away from my brother!" Red Robin shouted from down the corridor, in his full costume. He ran down the corridor and jumped at Joker before he could reach for the gun.

As Tim went to strike with his bo staff, Joker grabbed his hand and used his joy buzzer to send an electrical current through him, rendering him unconscious. Damian shot up, enraged by Joker attacking his family. Joker reached back into his jacket and struck Damian across the head with a crowbar he had unsheathed from his jacket. Damian fell to the floor, knocked out.

Joker looked up from the two unconscious Robins and saw one man stood further down the corridor. A shadow Joker would recognise anywhere. The tall, dark figure of the Batman. "Hey, Bats!" Joker waved with his crowbar. "You don't mind that I swung by uninvited do you,...Bruce?" Batman clenched his fists and loudly almost stomped his way to Joker. The Clown Prince of Crime swung his crowbar, Bruce ducked and underhooked Joker's arm, using the leverage, Bruce threw Joker against the wall, almost sending him through it. He picked Joker back up and tossed him back towards the entrance.

Harley had heard all the commotion, all the fighting. Taking a deep breath, she unholstered her guns and turned the corner to stand atop the stairs. "Joker." She growled. Joker looked up at her and frowned slightly. "Oh, it's you." Joker managed to say before another punch from the Dark Knight collided with his face. Bruce looked at Harley. "Harley! Did you know he'd be here?!" Bruce shouted up the stairs. Harley paused. She didn't know he would be here, but he wouldn't have come here if it wasn't for her.

Using the distraction, Joker pressed the flower on his jacket, which then squirted acid into the face of the Caped Crusader. Bruce turned away in pain, when Joker took another swing of his crowbar to Batman's head, knocking him out. Joker got up and looked towards Harley. Almost wanting to remind her that she was still supposed to be working with him in secret, he called out. "Alright, quick." He gestured for her to come downstairs. "Help me take these guys to the steel mill while they're still out!" Joker went to pick up Batman, but he stopped. Harley still hadn't moved. "Come on!" He said. "They're out cold, they won't see you double cross them." Harley shook her head and took a deep breath. "No." She said. "I don't belong to you no more." She began slowly walking down the stairs. "Harley, wha..." Joker was confused, he thought, no matter what, she would always go back to him in the end. "No. Shut your mouth, Joker!" She snapped. "You're gonna listen to me now, okay?" She kept he guns trained on him as he backed towards a glass window. "I'm not gonna be your little play thing any more, I'm not gonna fall for any of your little tricks again. I. Am. Done. With. You." Saying that to his face gave her and indescribably good feeling.

She couldn't dwell on that for much longer though, as the window came crashing in as Dick smashed through, knocking Joker to the centre of the room. "You okay? Did he hurt you?" Dick asked, a deadly serious tone in his voice. "I'm fine." Harley replied. They both noticed Tim and Damian emerge from around the corner as Bruce started to regain consciousness. They all surrounded Joker as he made his way to his feet. He looked at Harley with fury in his eyes. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He snarled. "You are not one of them! You are mine! You hear me? Mine!" Harley began laughing, puzzling Joker. "Y'know, that was hilarious, you really are funny, Joker." She smiled. "I'm not yours anymore, I never was. You're about to learn that the hard way." She fired a shot into his leg, causing him to fall towards Tim, who struck him with his staff, leading him to Damian, who hit him with a roundhouse kick, Joker then stumbled to Bruce, who nailed him with a haymaker. Next was Dick, who held his escrima sticks together and smacked Joker across the face, sending him back to Harley. She caught him and held him by the chin, smiling, she blew him a kiss and pushed him back before knocking him out with her baseball bat, knocking out several of his teeth along the way.

They all stood around the unconscious frame of the now defeated clown. Bruce looked around at everyone, as if to silently ask if they were okay. "I'll take him to GCPD, then we'll talk about this." Bruce went to pick Joker up. "You did well. All of you." He nodded to everyone else and went outside to drop off Joker.