Prologue

I watch from across the hall as Harley and Keithie lock lips. I cringe and look down at the pasta on my plate as I take bites from it.

"Lex, you're gonna need to get over him." I hear my best friend Chloe say beside me. I look at her before letting a tear fall.

"I know Chlo, but how? How am I supposed to get over him?" I weap as she wraps her arms around my body.

"I don't know Lexa, I really don't know." She tells me before wiping my eyes. I smile lightly before picking up my bag and walking towards the stairwell.

You may be wondering, what is going on? Well let me tell you. It's Tuesday, lunchtime, second last week of school and the worst day of my life. I felt like I was stuck in a hole of despair and that I wasn't strong enough to climb out of, which in the end made me feel sick and tired of everything going on around me.

I slowly walk up the stairwell and stop at the third storey. I walk along the pentagonal shaped floor plan until I reach biology which was the class I was in next. I walk into the room and take my seat. It's now that I notice that my teacher was watching me.

"What's up? You only come up early to class if something is bothering you?" I hear my teacher Mrs Alexander say from her seat. I take out my blue jotter and my pen before answering.

"It's just, I can't stand watching all the lovey dovey stuff in the hall. Especially when it's the boy that I liked." I tell her and look up to see her in front of me as the bell goes off.

"Come see me after school today and I'll give you the advice my mom gave l me when I had the same problems." She tells me and I smile.

"Thank you Miss." I say as people start bombarding into the classroom. Mrs Alexander walks back to her desk as if nothing happened and we start the double period of biology leading up to the end of the day.

~~~~~~~

"Alexa, please take this advice to the grave because I used this advice and I'm now happily married to the man I adore dearly."

"Yes Miss."

"If you don't have the guts to tell the boy how you feel about him and if he doesn't like you back when you tell him then he is not the one for you."

"That's seems to be the only advice I can get from anyone. The problem is, he's been my best friend since we were eleven, I don't wanna ruin our friendship."

"Well it's your choice to make, but as long as you make it, it will be the right one."

"Thank you Miss, but I should be going. My mom and dad want me back so I can pack my room, they want to move to Florida and everyday that goes past, I want to move there even more too."

"Well, you're one of my best students. If you were to leave then it will affect us all but I guess that's life."

"Thank you though, very much."

"No problem Alexa."

After saying goodbye I leave the classroom and start to run. The bus was leaving any minute and I needed to get to the stop before I missed it. I run down the stairwell, through the corridors and main entrance, down the hill and to the bus parking. I make it to the bus just in time and find a seat next to Chloe.

The bus ride is painful and full of cold behaviour. You had to be on the bus to believe it. There was pens, empty bottles, even uneaten cupcakes flying around everywhere hitting me in the head every ten seconds. I needed to get on the bus but I hated it and the people riding it. Lucky that the stop I got off at was first in the line-up.

I jump off the bus and rush off before anyone else had the chance to catch up to me. Within minutes I am back home in the house that was half empty.

When I get inside I see my parents packing up the living room. I join them in the room for a second as I place my bag next to the door before running into my room to start packing that up.

It takes a few hours to fully pack up everything except my bed, my computer desk and my t.v. but everything else was packed in multiple cardboard boxes. I call my parents up to help me with the boxes so it takes me only a few minutes to move everything from the bedroom to the garage. After that I sit with mom and dad in the living room for a while before mom starts to make dinner.

"You know, you can talk to us if something is bothering you?" My dad says to me as I scroll through Netflix looking for a good movie to watch.

"What d'you mean? There's nothing bothering me." I tell him.

"Well, we got a call from Lenny, apparently Keithie doesn't think so." My dad tells me.

"Dad, when are we moving?" I ask.

"Friday."

"Good."

~~~~~~
Two days later

I was sat in the same place as two days ago watching the exact same thing happen. No matter what I did I couldn't avoid it but today was the last day I had to endure any pain I could of felt.

"Lex, take it from me. I think you should storm right over there and drag him outside so you can talk to him and tell him how you feel." I hear Chloe say again.

"Chloe Applebee, you're a genius. I'm really sad that I'll never see you again after tonight." I tell her pulling her into a hug. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too Lexa but you better go talk to him before the bell goes." She tells me and I nod. I stand up and grab my bag which I throw over my shoulder and saunter up to the two teens.

Let's just say that doesn't go well. I walk up to Keithie and Harley as they were talking.

"Alexa, just the person I wanted to see. My dad was wondering if you were coming to his party tomorrow night?" Keithie tells me pulling me in next to the two.

"In case you've forgotten Feder, I'm moving to Miami tomorrow, so after right now you'll never see me again." I tell him.

"What, why are you leaving?"

"Why am I leaving, because of you Feder!" I say to his face before walking back to the table.

I reach the table and see Chloe grabbing her bag. I run up to her and throw my arms around her.

"If you're free, come to mine tonight, if you're busy, then I guess this is goodbye."

"But Lexa, we still have two periods left. Performing arts, drama and music."

"I know that Chlo, but I can't stand to see him any longer. I'll see you later okay?" I tell her with tears in my eyes.

"I'll see you later LexaLex."

"I'll see you later Bumblebee."

We hug for what I now know as our final time. I will always cherish my friendship with Chloe, she was always so kind to me and never turned her back on our friendship. I loved her like a sister, and I knew one thing. I was going to miss her, so much.