Chapter Two

"Guys, we're here." My dad shouts as we pull up into the driveway.

"Oh my god. It's just as I remember it." I gasp stepping out of the car and facing the house.

"It's so pretty. I love it." Cass beams before doing flips and handsprings around the front yard.

"Thanks for the Lexa. You're amazing." Nath says putting his arms around my shoulder.

"I know, I'm pretty amazing. Come on, I'll show you around." I say to Cass and Nath and we all run into the house I loved so much.

The lights were out so I flick the switch beside the door to turn them on. The lights turn on and I am met with the huge hallway I played in all those years ago. To be honest, it was like I was reliving my childhood.

"Your gran lived in the nicest house I've ever seen. It's so big but it really cosy." Cass says turning towards me.

"Wait until you see the bedrooms." I say before grabbing her hand and running up the stairs and into my old room.

The rooms haven't changed since we moved out. All of the rooms had a colour assigned to it so I choose turquoise and purple. Cass' was baby blue and pink and Nath's was black and tan. I had stayed in my room while my twin 23 year old cousins Harlan and Ben stayed in the other two, but only when we visited. Now Harlan lived in London with her husband and daughter Tami. Ben lived in Norway with his wife and two kids Catilyn and Alfie.

"Cass, this is your room, feel free to decorate it anyway you like

"Cass, this is your room, feel free to decorate it anyway you like." I tell Cass walking into her room. She squeals happily and jumps onto the bed, she's such a child.

"Where's my room?" Nath asks from the door. I walk towards him and take his hand so I can lead him to his room.

"Here is your room. It's my cousin Ben's old room, hence the massive 'B' on the wall but you'll make it work won't you?"

"Of course. I love it the same as I love you." He tells me and I gasp, why, that was the first time in three a year an a half that he said that he loved me. "What?"

"That was the first time you ever told me that you love me." I stammer before hugging him. He hugs back straight away and we pull away and lean in for a kiss. We kiss for only a few seconds before pulling away when we hear a quiet bark.

"What was that?" Cassidy says from her bedroom.

"I don't know." I say before I hear my dad shout up the stairs.

"Hey guys, come down here, we have a present for you all."

I turn to Nath and without thinking we all run downstairs and to the living room where my parents where. In the coffee table was a cardboard box.

"Open the box." My mom tells us and I do the honours of opening the box.

In the box is an adorable white German Shepard puppy. Both Nath and Cassidy run up to hug the puppy and I hand her over to Cassidy.

 Both Nath and Cassidy run up to hug the puppy and I hand her over to Cassidy

"We also have a second surprise for just Lexie. Why don't you pick up the landline sweetie?"

I do as my dad says and pick up the landline. It rings for a few seconds before a very familiar voice sounds from the other side of the line.

"Alexa, I heard you were back in New England."

"Lenny! It's so good to talk to you again." I beam.

"Same here kiddo. Here, do you remember where we went after the funeral seven years ago where you and Keithie really hit it off?"

"The Lake House, yeah, keep going."

"Well to celebrate you and your family moving back to New England, we have all rented out the Lake House for the weekend."

"Seriously, thank you so much Lenny."

"Oh, and don't go visit the kids until you arrive at The Lake House. We haven't told them about you coming back, they all think it's just a throwback to seven years ago."

"I promise. Thanks again."

"Don't worry about it kiddo. I'll see you in two days."

"I'll see you in two days. Bye Lenny."

"Bye Lexa."

Speaking to Lenny was just the start to New England that I needed. Plus, we were going to the Lake House. Who wouldn't be exited about that.

After my phone call with Lenny I tell everyone what's going on and we decide to unpack the stuff that we wouldn't need at the lake. I unpack everything and repack a few pairs of shorts, some tank and crop tops, a few pairs of leggings for at night or hanging around inside, a few dresses for if we were to go out, a few pairs of all occasion shoes, which are mainly Converse, Vans and Adidas Superstars, and my one single pair of Yeezys that if anyone toke I'd rip their head clean off their shoulders.

After spending a few hours in the garden with Cass, Nath and the new puppy which we decided to call Snow, I was now sat on my bed with the first Twilight novel in my hands. Snow was at my side which I find amazing. I had fallen in love with the puppy just as quick as she had fallen in love with me.

"Lexa, lights out and get to sleep. It's after eleven." I sigh and switch of my table lamp after saving my page with a bookmark and placing it on the bedside table. I pull the duvet over my body and under my arms and place one hand on Snow's warm fluffy fur.

"Goodnight Snowflake. I hope you love my friends as much as I love them." I whisper before falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hiya Lexa, how's you this morning?"

"I'm fine Harley. Where's Chlo, Keithie, Donna and Charlotte?"

"They're on there way. I just called Charlotte and she's with them now. Can I ask you something Alexa?"

"Sure Haz, go for it."

"Can I go out with Keithie, he's you're best friend and I wanted to ask you first before anything else?"

"But I've told you Haz, I like Keithie. We made a promise that the day we became friends we would never compete over someone."

"Well, some promises are made to be broken, Keithie will be mine, and we are no longer friends."

"Harley, I didn't mean it that way. Come back. Uh, why do I screw everything up?"

That's the one question that's been in my mind since that day. And it always will be, because I screwed up big time that day.