Chapter Seven - Part 1

Cassidy's PoV

A lot had happened since we left the lake house. Keithie toke Nath's place in the house and Nath moved in with Harley. Alexa and Keithie got together and Ryan and Luke moved into a house a couple of minutes away.

Ryan and I had gotten really close ever since we chatted at the Lake. Everyone, minus Harley and Nath, were going to a park to hang out so I put on a pair of Under Armour leggings, a pink crop top and an Under Armour sports bra. I also put on a pair of pink Adidas trainers. I pick up my phone from my bedside table and join Keithie and Alexa in the living room.

"So, I need to run along to the stables to let Costa out but that'll take me a few minutes

"So, I need to run along to the stables to let Costa out but that'll take me a few minutes. If you can leash up Snow Cass then I can meet you guys on the way down."

"Got it. We'll meet you there and then we'll go." I say before waving to Alexa who puts on a denim jacket.

I find Snowflake's leash and call her in to leash her up. After chasing her around the bottom floor of the house for a good two minutes I finally catch her with the help of Keithie and leash her up. After leashing her up I pick up a set of house keys and hand them to Keithie to lock the door.

We then start the short walk to the stables where Alexa is waiting for us again. We join her before staying the long walk to the Starbucks to meet with the rest of the crew before going to the park.

When we reach the Starbucks I run straight to Ryan who was drinking a Caramel Mocha.

"Chill out Cass, I get that you love him and all but you don't need to spend every second with him." Lex says to me and we both laugh. I take Alexa and Keithie's orders before ordering the three drinks.

"Hey, can I get a large double chocolate Frappè, a large caramel mocha and a medium white chocolate milkshake please." I say to the cashier who takes my order before my name too. After a few minutes our drinks are ready and I take them to my housemates.

"So what have you guys been up too in the last 36 hours since we last saw you?" Alexa asks no-one in particular but Ryan answers.

"Unpacked the rest of the stuff. That's all we did." He answers.

"Well I spent time getting to know Tobi, the guy I had a crush on in year 10, and he asked me out in a date tomorrow night." Charlotte says and all of the girls cheer before Alexa speaks up.

"I need to help you get ready. I'll meet you at your house tommorow two hours before. What time is it at?" She asks her.

"He's picking me up at 6:30 so about 4:30 sounds about right."

"Alright. Siri, remind me that I need to help Charlotte get ready at 4:30 tommorow night." Alexa says into her phone before continuing on with our conversation.

After 30 minutes of chatting and drinking our drinks I pick up my still full Frappè and walk with the rest of the crew to the local park to chill out. Ryan takes out a soccer ball that he had brought and everyone has a kick about. I don't though as I sit on the little hill overlooking the game in play.

Everyone plays for well into half an hour as I sit and watch them while drinking my drink and laughing at any time someone fell over. After a while Chloe comes to sit beside me. We end up entering a deep conversation that I didn't expect to become so long.

"So, how long have you known everyone?" I ask her and she turns to look at me.

"About six years. I was new to the area and the guys allowed me into the group as if I was friends with them for years."

"That's amazing. Everyone is so friendly. So do you have likes for anyone or is that going a little too far?"

"Not at all. I just broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago the night after prom when I found out he went with me and another girl."

"I guess we have a lot of cheaters in our friend group. I can't believe Nath would do that to Alexa, he was so nice back in Miami. They didn't have a problem, not even once."

"I guess they just weren't meant to be. Keithie and Lexa are soulmates and everyone knew it the day he started dating Harley. She became depressed and he became distant from all of us. Luckily his brother Greg was there to keep us all together."

"Yeah. They're so happy together and she means the world to me. Seeing her happy is the greatest thing in the world."

"Sure is. So what about you and Ryan, you seem really close."

"That's the thing, I don't know. We have so much in common it's unreal. Of course I like him it's just, we've only known each other for a month but already I felt as if he was the one I wanted to be with for my whole life."

"He's really quite something. Can I let you into a little secret?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"Ryan likes you too."

I look up in shock at the girl sat to the left of me. She nods her head and I smile before standing up to join in with the game in play. I was more of a basketball person but what's that got to do about anything. My day had just got infinitely better in so many ways than one.