Chapter One

When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers
It's got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you

When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone

When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

"Thank you Alexa, that was lovely." My music teacher tells me and I smile and sit down next to my friend Cassidy.

"That was insane Lexa." Cass whisper-shouts as I sit down. I smile before turning towards the girl who was now performing.

"Baby, that was amazing." My boyfriend Nath says over my shoulder.

"Thanks babe. You were great too."

"Thanks Lexie."

I feel my phone vibrate and I take it out to check it. I see a message from my mom.

"Excuse me sir. My mom needs to tell me something serious over the phone. Could I be excused for a few minutes?" I ask my teacher. My mom never uses full caps or emoticons so I knew something was up.

"Of course Alexa, just make sure you come back in once your finished." He replied so I jump up and exit the room before calling my mom. It rings for a few seconds.

"Alexa. Do you remember that lovely house that your Grandma owned in New England, with the lovely porch and big pool." My mom asks after I say hi.

"Yeah. It's beautiful." I reply remembering the house.

"Well, unless a family move into it before the end of the month then the council are going to knock it down so they can build a music academy. What d'you say?" She tells me.

"They can't knock it down, that is my whole childhood. I say sure." I tell her and I can almost see her smile.

"Great. We move back to New England the day after you finish up for school."

"Wait mom. Cassidy, Nath and I were thinking about going to the same university together next year when we leave and we were all accepted in New England College, do you think, if it was okay with their parents..."

"If they could move in with us. Why not."

"Thank you momma. See you when I get back home." I say before hanging up. I jump for joy in place. I was going to see Chloe again, and Charlotte, Donna, Andre, Greg, Becky, even Keithie. Ever since I left I had wanted to go back and I regretted moving ever since.

I walk back into the classroom and sit down on my seat with a massive grin.

"Yo girl, what is up?" Cassidy asks when she notices.

"We're moving to New England." I scream and the whole class hears.

"And you're so happy why?" Nath says with genuine sadness.