chapter 3

Shanaya's POV

This one month passed by so quickly, with all the shopping that had to be done and the functions that had to be done. But I saw Karthik rarely, he only came in the functions in which he really had to be there, even though his family including his dad and brother used to come with us for shopping and all the functions in which men were allowed,  he never joined us.

I didn't even know Karthik well, yet I was getting married to him today. All my cousins and friends have been teasing me about Karthik, and when they did I used to get this weird feeling. I even think I have started to like him, for his looks for sure, I don't know much about him as a person, even though he is going to be my husband in a few hours. God I am going through an emotional turmoil.

When I was busy in my thoughts Ritika my best friend and Latika Bhabhi come in. Bhabhi sits and tells me not to worry, she told me that she was feeling the same way when she was going to get married to Bhai. But now the two of them looked really cute together and loved each other a lot. Ritika could not give me a lot of tips of how a married life is cause she herself isn't married, but all she told us that she will always be there for me, I can even call her when everyone is sleeping if I want to talk to her about anything and everything. She is such an sweetheart. Soon those two left telling that in sometime the makeup artist and hairstylist will be there to dress me up.

Next came my Bhai, I was seeing tears in his eyes for the first time, expect for when Abhishek his son and my amazing nephew was handed over to him. "Shanaya any time you want to talk you know whom to go to right?" I just nodded and hugged him, "I will really miss you Shanaya, and if Karthik tells anything to you come straight to me okay, and be strong you will do great in this new phase of life." I again just nodded and the two of gave each other a really thought hug, who was disturbed by my amazing (note the sarcasm) nephew Abhishek. Who came and hugged me . I picked him gave him kiss, I will miss him so much.

Soon Amma Appa entered, both were already crying. " Shanaya I know you weren't given a choice, but trust me he is the best for you, and you can come here anytime you like, we live in the same city", my Appa said all of this to me in tears " yes Appa, I know I have always trusted you'll."

"Listen Shanaya, you are entering a new chapter in your life, this will be new, you will get a lot of responsibilities suddenly, which will be new to you but trust me you will be able to do it, and if you have problems between you'll solve it with love, care and maturity, and I know my daughter can do this." My Amma was explaining this to me while hugging me, I simply nodded. My Amma Appa gave me a hug, and suddenly everyone Bhai, Bhabhi, Abhishek, Ritika, and even Ansh he was supposed to come later came in and gave me a hug.

Then Bhabhi and Ritika became my saviours from all the crying and hugging which I kind of liked and took me to get dressed, and do you believe this, all of this happened at 4:00 in the morning. After two hours of work done on me I was ready.

 After two hours of work done on me I was ready