Chapter 8 Living With The Crazy

Taehyungs P.O.V.

What do you do when all you have is yourself? It's all I've known for years. It's almost all I can remember. I just live in the pain. The only thing that gives me any sort of thrill is taking those girls. Oh? You think that's crazy? Come on now, aren't we all just a little crazy?

I only take them to help me find her. I don't do anything to them. I just ask one simple task, but noooooo, they all seem to lose their pretty little minds. Ok, well maybe I push them along a bit, but where else would the fun be?

I walked around my cave just pacing. Thinking about how my life has changed since Ember came into town. Watching her almost became an obsession to me. Something pulled me to her. But what? I don't know. Sometimes I scare myself. At least I feel alive though, isn't that what matters? The thrill? You would do the same thing if you were me.

"How did you get to this point?" She asked me.

Ember was the first person to ever ask me a question like that since I had become this way. The first person to treat me like a normal human being.

We talked. For hours. I haven't done that since Lilly. It was nice to have someone to talk with other than myself for a change. Although her boldness kind of takes me by surprise at times, but I guess I kind of like that. I'm usually the one doing the surprising. There is something else to her though. Something of familiarity, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

She is beautiful though....

No, Taehyung, stop it. Pull yourself together. No one could ever compare to Lilly, how could you even think such a thing?

Oooooh, getting a little defensive, are we?

She had to go see her pretty boy anyway so she left. Everyone always ends up leaving at some point in time. Everyone.

Lilly, why did you leave me? You were my world, my everything. How could I go on living? You took my heart with you when you left. You made me this way. Crazy for you and crazy without you.

Love will do all sorts of things to you. It completes you, brings you joys, then turns around and crushes you if you're not careful.

I walked out of the cave into the chilly air and fell to the ground and sobbed. I loved Lilly and I needed her, but Ember was here. She brought back feelings I had forgotten existed. I wanted her, but I knew I couldn't have her. I shouldn't have her.

And that's when it hit me....my next move.

I ran through the woods towards that awful little town. I laughed as I thought about the terror these people receive from a simple little Jester.

The thunder rolling and lightning flashing made this the perfect stage for this performance.

I had been watching her for a while and now was my chance. I needed another's help seeing as Ember had been too busy locking lips with that Jin character. "What does she see in him anyway? He's not even that handsome. Ha. Women."

Slipping through the shadows I came to a red brick house on the edge of the town. This was it. A now or never kind of thing. I looked through the window, waiting to see my moment of opportunity.

"Don't do this. We can't do this"

"Yes. We. Can." I said to myself while smiling and let out a laugh.

END OF CHAPTER 8