Chapter 14 Fight Or Die

All I could see was darkness.

I felt movement as I laid in the back of a bumpy old truck and traveled to our next destination.

I was terrified. I had an old potato sack over my head, causing me to have to struggle just to take my next breath. My hands were still tied and my wrists were raw from the rope rubbing them. Oh how it hurt.

I felt like I was at my lowest point and I could feel my courage breaking. I didn't want to die, but was this my cruel fate? I'm not sure what I did to get dealt this hand of cards. I guess sometimes life's just unfair and decides it wants to chew you up and spit you back out. I felt like I had been to hell itself and I didn't know how to come back or if I even could.

The truck came to a stop and I heard the driver side door close. The door next to me opened and I felt Eric's hand grab the back of my shirt to pull me out. I fell out of the truck and onto the ground and I winced in pain.

"Oh, you think that hurt, huh?" Eric said as he kicked me. "Just you wait, I'll show you what hurting really is."

He pulled the sack off of my head. My eyes squinting from the sight of daylight.
"Welcome to the beginning of the end." Eric said as he lead me into a small, old abandoned warehouse.
As I walked into the building I turned and looked back to the outside, trying to take in every moment of what might be my last time seeing the outside world. The door shut behind us, and with a loud slam I could feel my freedom slip away.

He brought me into a room that you could tell was full of pure terror. It almost felt as if the building itself was screaming from the horror in which it has seen. Blood stained concrete floors, random articles of women's clothing thrown about and a horrible stench that made my eyes water.

"I'm not the first one, am I?" I asked nervously.

"Not at all." He said with an evil smile. "It's a like a hobby of mine."

"A hobby? What kind of person are you? Taking lives isn't a hobby. It's absolutely evil." I replied appalled at what he had just said. I don't know where my spunk had come from, but I couldn't just sit there and accept what he was saying.

"You and I aren't so different, Ember. I do it for the thrill. You do things for a thrill, we all do." He's said as he rubbed his hand on my face and sniffed my hair.

"The smell of sweet, sweet thrill.."

"You remind me of the Steven's girl. She was spunky one, too." Eric continued.

"It was you?" I asked, not having thought of the possibility before.

"Of course it was. Did you like how I added the Jester hat to throw everyone off? I felt like it was a pretty great show!" He said while laughing.

"You are absolutely sickening" I responded in disgust.

"Wait. So, it wasn't Taehyung that killed her. I knew he wouldn't do something like tha-." My thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of cold metal on my head.

"Now, it's time to get this show on the road." He said as he held a gun to my temple. "Let's play a little game called Bloody Mary."

He brought me over to a metal chair that sat next to a window overlooking a river.

"Sit down, you little whore." Eric yelled.

He took his pistol and hit me across the face. I could feel the blood sliding down my cheek from my eyebrow.

"How does that feel? Did it hurt?"

"No."

He hit me again.