Chapter 19 Lilly

"What's wrong with her?" I heard a familiar voice say in a hushed tone coming from the other side of the room.

I was laying in a bed in the corner of the dimly lit room. My eyesight was hazy and I couldn't seem to make anything out.

"She doesn't have much longer. Once the fever hits they go quickly," The voice of a second man spoke.

"There has to be something we can do. We can't just leave her here to die, you're the doctor, do something!"

"Taehyung, I'm sorry, but there isn't anything I can do anymore. She's in God's hands now."

I laid there, trying to get my body to move, to let them know I was there, but it was as if cement had been poured upon me, separating me from control.

A figure walked over to me, and with my eyes blinking rapidly, I could see a woman wearing a long, dark blue dress with her hair braided back, standing next to me.

"Oh my sweet girl." She said with tears in her eyes as she put a cool rag on my forehead.

My eyesight began to clear for a moment, and I looked around the room.

My eyes instantly landed on Taehyung, standing in the corner, with his hand up towards his mouth, looking in my direction.

What was going on? I....I can't remember what happened.

I tried to speak but the only thing that could escape my mouth was a weak moan.

I felt like I was losing myself. Slowly drifting in and out of reality. I couldn't move, couldn't speak, and the pain set in.

I was trapped in my own body.

I felt the feeling of a familiar touch on my hand and I struggled to open my eyes.

"Lilly, please, please get better." Taehyung pleaded as he knelt next to the bedside and held my hand.

I could see the tears forming in his eyes and the pain was carved in his face. The smile that usually gave joy, was replaced with quivering lips that were full of sadness.

My body started to shake uncontrollably and I felt myself slip further and further away with each passing second.

The room began to fill with the wails of grief.

"No!" I heard Taehyung cry out.

"No! No! No!" He said In between his sobs.

"Please, please stay with me." He begged.

Every part of me wanted to hold onto him, but I could feel myself being pulled away by a force stronger than myself. I couldn't fight it anymore.

"I love you." Were the last words I heard before everything went silent.

~~~~~

I opened my eyes and shot my body upright. Breathing heavily and drenched in sweat, I looked around and saw Jin still sleeping peacefully next to me.

"It was just a dream." I whispered as I rubbed my face to calm myself. "It was just a dream."

"What? What's wrong?" Jin said as he sat up next to me. My words must have woken him.

"Nothing. Just a bad dream. It's ok, go back to bed." I said with a smile, not wanting to alarm him.

I didn't understand why I kept having these dreams about Taehyung and Lilly. But then again, nothing made sense to me anymore.

I slowly slipped out of bed and walked into the bathroom and turned the light on and shut the door behind me.

I let out a heavy sigh and walked over to the sink and turned on the cold water, and leaned over and splashed my face.

I stood upright and looked in the mirror and just stared at my reflection. The water droplets still were racing down my face.

"Why? Why me? Why is it me going through all of this? Why can't my mind and heart agree?"

The dreams of Lilly flashed through my mind, Taehyung, Jin, all of it. My mind swirled in circles, my thoughts racing. I replayed it all over and over again. That's when I realized. I had been having dreams of Lilly my entire life. They always involved the same people, and same young girl, but they never contained names. Over time I just tossed them aside as the imaginative mind of a child, but.....they were more than that, weren't they?

"There's....no." I whispered.

"How could that be?"

"They weren't dreams, they were memories."

END OF CHAPTER 19

Thank you for reading this chapter! If you can't tell I like leaving it with cliffhangers lol😂 please don't forget to vote and comment, it would really mean a lot and it keeps me motivated to write knowing people like it^^ Thank chu~❤️