It Begins.

Your p.o.v

It was a nice sunny day in Cincinnati. I was at least 5 years old. Holding my older brother's hand. He was 7. His name was Mark. We were close. Real close. He would never leave my side. Well, that's what he said. We were with our older brother Jason, but everyone called him Thomas. So did I. He was only 9. I always thought it was funny how our ages were in a pattern. 5, 7, 9.  We were going to the ice cream shop for, you guessed it, ice cream.Thomas went inside to buy the ice cream while Mark and I waited outside by the window. I noticed a clothes store next door. I decided to see what they had in the display case. Of course they had mannequins. Mark and I hate mannequins. I kept staring into their lifeless eyes until I realized I was being pulled away. It was Mark. But it wasn't. He was a little different. I shrugged it off as we walked across the street away from the ice cream shop. I was beginning to wonder "Why are we leaving Thomas?" I must've said it out loud because he told me to watch the shop and see. I looked around and noticed we were on the roof of a shop across the street. I saw Mark standing in front of the shop. He must have not noticed I was gone. But then it hit me. Hard. Who is standing beside me then?