Baby - Jack Maynard

"It's just not worth it Jack." You say, pacing up and down in front of the sofa where he was sitting. "You're busy with YouTube and all your projects, I'm busy with my last month or so at uni and I'm moving back to Brighton soon. We just don't have time for each other anymore." You continued.
Jack said nothing, his head falling into his hands.
"But I love you." He mumbled.
You sighed and sat down beside him, pulling his hands into yours so that he would look at you.
"And I love you too. But right now, if we continue the way we are, this is going to end messily. There's going to be fights and drama and that's not something that either of us need right now. I love you, and if we're meant to be then we'll come back to each other." You said, gazing into his increasingly misty blue eyes.
He nodded his head lightly, looking to the ground to avoid your gaze.
After placing a kiss on his head, you got your coat and left your now ex-boyfriends apartment.

After that night, you and Jack stayed somewhat good friends, seeing each other on the odd occasion. But it hurt to be with him, but not with him. Seeing him all over girls at clubs and parties hurt you to see, even if you had initiated the break up.
After you finished your degree, you moved back to your hometown of Brighton. You loved how everything felt comfortable to you, to hear the waves hitting the rocks at the sea, to hear children playing in the playground. But it made you sad, everything around had reminded you of things you had done with Jack. You had grown to be the cliché relationship of childhood friends turning into love. You had played in the playground together, been round to each other's houses a countless amount of times, your first kiss had been on the beach that you find so relaxing.

You had begun to get nauseous over the past couple of weeks, thinking it was just the flu as you got sick quite often, you just left it. However, while over at your parents' house to have some company as you lived by yourself, your mum convinced you to take a pregnancy test just to make sure.
You had left the two sticks on the bathroom counter beside the sink, fidgeting with your hands and unable to stand still. After the three minutes were up, you nervously walked over to the tests.
Lifting the piece of toilet paper off that you had to cover them, they both revealed the same thing.

Positive.

~Time skip to the present~

After finding out you were pregnant you had phoned Jack but he didn't pick up. Although it was evident he was on his phone from the extensive amount of snapchats he had posted with random girls from a party.
That night after talking it out with your mum and about thirty litres of tears, you decided it would be best to keep it, however since Jack was obviously busy with YouTube and partying, you didn't want to ruin that for him just as he was getting more successful at his dream job.

Over those nine months, with a lot of help from your family, you set up your own café/bookstore in Brighton. Something you have dreamed of having ever since you were young.
After nine struggling months, you brought the sweetest calmest baby girl into the world, Ella Rose Maynard.

You were currently in the grocery shop picking up some bits and bobs for the house. Ella was now just over one years old and had begun to walk about a month or so ago. She had light blonde baby hair, and the most stunning blue eyes that were just like her fathers.
It was a beautiful summers day outside, so you were glad when you finally got to the frozen section to cool down.
Seemingly, that wasn't just your idea. While talking absentmindedly to Ella about the things you needed to get you didn't notice a man standing in front of your trolley.
"I'm so sorry!" you tell him as you watch him leaning down to pick up some of the food he had dropped in the collision.
"It's okay, don't worry about it." He said, standing up from the ground to look at you. When he did he said the words you were least expecting.
"Y/n?"
Looking at him properly, you gasped slightly.
"Conor?"