One

Even as a sophomore returning to Riverdale High, he still never got the hang of waking up really early, he heard his parents lecturing Caroline about how her first year of high school should be

Even as a sophomore returning to Riverdale High, he still never got the hang of waking up really early, he heard his parents lecturing Caroline about how her first year of high school should be. He snickered as he took a quick shower and rushed downstairs- the floorboards screaming at every quick step he made. The aroma of bacon and eggs quickly entering his nostrils as he rounded the corner to see the bustling kitchen," And Caroline, stick with your brother, if anybody tries anything-" His mother was cut off, "They won't." His father chimed in, "You tell your brother." Her mother finished as she elbowed the man. Caroline nodded as she finished herest of her eggs.

  Keegan cleared his throat, "Good morning," He said awkwardly, he grabbed a plate of bacon and eggs, the family chimed in their good mornings, the blonde sat beside his sister as he munched on his food, "Are there any cute guys at the high school Keeg?" Keegan looked at her, "Besides me? I don't think so." He snorted as he drank some milk, Caroline rolled his eyes, "What about Chuck Clay-"

  "He's off limits. Period." He told her quickly with a small scowl on his face, he took her plate and his to go give it to their father, Michelle had gone ahead and replaced the bandage on Keegan's wrist. "Just make sure that your kids stay safe alight?" Their father said as he kissed his kids' foreheads and headed out, "And make sure that your sister knows her way around," He called over his shoulder.

"Of course dad!" Keegan called, he gave him a quick nod, he grabbed his backpack and called for Caroline to hurry up, the girl quickly grabbed her stuff as she jogged to the door, "Hey Car," A mother voice piped up from the front door, Kegan quickly came- he practically flew to the door, the blonde chuckled, "Hey you two, walk me to school?" Betty asked she was in her usual sweater and signature ponytail. Caroline smiled, "Hi Betty," She chimed as he gave her a brief hug. Keegan thinned his lips as he rubbed his shoulder, "Of course." He nodded.

"Shall we?" He asked as he let the two girls go first, he closed the door and began their trek to the nearby school, "Betty, what did you do when you got home?" Caroline asked as he tugged on her backpack straps, "Well...I was at Pop's, with Archie of course." Keegan slunk back slightly as he nodded, "I was finally going to ask him out, but...I was interrupted- and I chickened out." The girl said shaking her head in disappointment. Keegan shook his head, he held in the sadness that tried to overcome him.

"It's alright Betty, I know you'll find a way to ask him out." He said warily, he gave the slender girl a pat on the back, Betty smiled at him, "Thanks Keeg, you always know what to say." Caroline snickered slightly as she nudged her brother's ribs, in return, Keegan rolled his eyes, "Of course Betty." He said as he the school slowly went into view, "This place is huge..." Caroline told them with wide eyes, Keegan made way for the girls as they headed to a more spacious area, "Alright Car, you go to the gym to get everything you need," Keegan said as he gave her a brief hug, "I'll see you later Keeg, Betty." Caroline smiled as she followed a trail of freshmen.

"You're such a sweet brother." Betty teased with a little chuckle, they grabbed their information at the library and headed off, "Do you mind joining me? I have to be a peer mentor thing I've gotta do," She said, her voice slightly filling with dread, Keegan looked over his shoulder, then looked at the girl, Archie was chatting with Reggie and Moose by the locker room, "Alright," He said as she took his arm and led him to the front office, he tried not to turn too red.

Betty quickly signed in and turned to the little receptionist office, Veronica already standing, "Hey," She said with that stunning smile on her face, "Lets begin," Betty said as the two headed out, Keegan was sitting in the hallway until Betty hauled him up, the linoleum tiles squeaking as Keegan was dragged up, grunting as he grabbed his stuff.

"Who's thisstud?" Veronica asked with a playful smile, "I- uh-" Keegan stuttered as usually he wasn't the one receiving he compliments, "Keegan Ryland." Betty said with an uncomfortable chuckle, "He'll be helping us," She added, "So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context." She rambled, Keegan was beside the new girl, her shoes clicking against the tiles. His mind floated until suddenly he bumped into a brunette boy in a green sweater. Kevin spaced out as he chuckled and sheepishly apologized, he talked to the three about the "clubs" they had here in the small town.

"Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller." Keegan said helpfully as he stepped back to let the two introduce themselves, and then abruptly Kevin asks in a hushed tone, "Is it true what they say about your dad?" He asked as Keegan looked at the boy, his eyes wide trying to signal him to drop it, "Sorry- Kevin can get a little personal," Keegan said as he looked at Kevin and patted his back. "Does everyone here know?" Veronica asked, the evading of eye contact was answer enough, "Wonderful. Ten minutes in and I'm already the Blue Jasmine of Riverdale High." She said in a slightly bitter tone, her raven hair bounced on her shoulders as she bounded off, Keegan trailing behind whilst Betty quietly scolded Kevin, "What?" He said with a raised eyebrow as he held his books up and followed them.

After the tension had melted the group confused showing the new girl around the school, Veronica looked at the halls carefully, she nodded, "And of course, there's the back to school formal this wee-" Betty was cut off when Veronica pointed out Archie who was just standing around, Keegan sighed as he stood beside Kevin, "Feeling cold on your feet Keegan?" Kevin asked with a little chuckle, "Never grew out of that shy phase have you?" Kevin teased patting Keegan's back.

"The red-headed Ansel Ergot," Veronica breathed out as Archie had turned the corner of the hallway, "Is he your boyfriend?" She asked,

"No, he's straight."

"No, he's just a friend."

"Wait, what?"

Veronica chuckled and shook her head, "To clarify, Archie and Betty aren't dating- but they are endgame." Kevin said happily, Keegan made a small nod, nothing was coming his way for Betty today, he sighed and began to walk a little quicker. They just talked about the semi-formal getting canceled.

"Thank you all for that moment of silence. Many of you were lucky enough to have known my brother personally." Cheryl Blossom preached to the uncaring students; most just didn't want to hear the ginger ramble on about her twincest. Keegan tapped on his knee as leaned on him, "I think she means more than her 'sibling soulmate'" He hissed, Betty held in a scoff as she bit her lips. Kevin snickered as he tried to beat on his chest lightly to stop the laughter. Veronica snickered as she watched the redhead talk about her brother as if he were some god. A little further back Archie was staring at a certain teacher, she eventually turned back to see him. Something was up with those two, any fool could see it.