Twenty-Two

Veronica sighed, drained from the events from the night before

   Veronica sighed, drained from the events from the night before. She watched Keegan rummage through his locker, while she fixed her lipstick through the magnetic mirror. Veronica had planted in her friend's locker for every time she needed to apply her makeup. Keegan's movements were sluggish as he looked dejectedly through his backpack. He stuffed the backpack into his locker, "Something tells me, dear Keegers, that this acting out of character isn't just from all that dancing you were doing last night." The raven-haired girl hummed, her eyes trained on the mirror as she used her nail to wipe off the excess lipstick. Keegan thinned his lips, shrugging as he pulled away to let Veronica shut his locker.

"What do you mean out of character?" The male inquired. Veronica turned to her friend, a frown visible on her face as she cocked an eyebrow, "Out of character as in, you're not your usual bright and chatty self." Veronica informed him as she interlocked her arm with his. The two walked down the hall to meet up with Archie before they would reconvene with Betty, Kevin, Jughead, and Cheryl Blossom. A sigh escaped Keegan's lips, "Well, I've been thinking is all." He answered.

Veronica shook her head, knowing better than to let him get away with an obvious white lie. The obsidian-haired girl shook her head, "Keegan, I was not born yesterday. Coming out of a maintenance closet with your hair scoring Oscar the Grouch's hairstyle? I could imagine a couple of things that could have happened in that closet.." She told him, Keegan shook his head violently, "That didn't happen." He retorted.

"What didn't happen?" Archie inquired, the pair finally arriving at the football player's locker, "Oh nothing Archiekins. Just some stuff with our dearly beloved Keegers." Veronica responded  with a light chuckle to which Keegan had offered her a discreet side-eye. Archie nodded his head hesitantly, "Alright... Cool. Let's head over to the lounge." He instructed as the trio began their brief trek to the student lounge. Betty and Jughead were the first to arrive, together, the group took their places on the arrangement of couches. All that was left to do now was to wait on Cheryl and Kevin, "Hey guys!" Betty greeted upon seeing her friends joining. Jughead gave them a mere nod of the head. Veronica did her usual grand hello to her best friend, Archie laughed softly, bemused by Veronica.

"Hey to you too Betty. " Archie smiled, he turned to pull out his phone. Keegan waved curtly as he took a seat on the armrest of the recliner that Veronica had sat on.

Betty sighed, crossing her legs as she straightened herself out, "I texted Kevin, he said he'll be coming soon. Cheryl took a detour and got us some drinks." Archie informed the group. Keegan nodded his head, "Hopefully she won't take too long." He sighed, grunting as he stretched. Keegan rolled his shoulders, wincing slightly as he drew a sharp breath.

Betty frowned slightly, turning to Keegan to ask if he was okay only to see vibrant purple spots splayed on his skin. The honey-haired girl about to comment until Veronica interjected, "Right, so while we wait for their grand entrance, why don't we talk about the happenings at the club?" The dark-haired girl stated, "Because Mommy Oh Dearest had my card reported as stolen, basically canceling my card. But I was not willing to let her dampen my night. Right, Keegan?" Veronica chimed, nudging Keegan on the leg.