Eighteen

"Mrs

     "Mrs.Cooper..." Keegan said, trying to hold back a grimace. He felt Alice Cooper's harsh gaze upon Jughead and himself, Jughead thinned his lips. "Mrs. Cooper, we were here to-" He started. The older woman cut him off, "Keep putting my Elizabeth in harm's way." She told the two, her green eyes practically burning a hole right through the teens' skulls. Jughead grumbled slightly as he tugged at his beanie anxiously, Keegan saw a group of male staff members approach. They motioned the older woman to follow them; Alice drew a sharp breath as she shook her head, "You two, follow me." She instructed as she motioned them to stand and follow along with her. Keegan frowned slightly but nodded, he headed off with Jughead toward the tight corridors ahead of them.

The building radiated tension, even the staff members' countenance seemed grim, their faces plastered with forced smiles as Keegan and the others passed them by. The group walked on until they had stopped in a meeting room, "I will talk to my daughter." Alice told the group at once, going inside the room to find the blonde-haired teenager. Keegan frowned upon taking a glance through the window of the door, tears were streaked on his best friend's cheeks and her green eyes were bloodshot. His face morphed into a little frown as he reached out to open the door and try to defend the girl, but one of the staff members held his shoulder, their bony fingers clamping itself onto his shoulder, "Don't." The man murmured to Keegan as he was gently pulled away from the threshold of the door.

A moment later the mother and daughter walked out of the room and back into the crowded corridor, Jughead grunting as he was pushed to the side, the boys followed Betty and Alice closely behind. Their pace brisk as they were heading straight for the exit of the building, but there was an abrupt stop to the walking upon seeing another familiar blonde-haired girl. She wore a maroon cardigan alongside the standard uniform for patients, though her stomach protruded, presenting a swollen bump.

"Mom?" Polly said now, her brows knit together and her shimmering emerald eyes narrowing at the sight of Alice.

"Polly..." Alice began,

"Jason's dead? And you didn't tell me? And you kept me in here?!" Polly shrieked at her mother, frustrated tears began running down the girl's face. Keegan drew a sharp breath as he could feel the tension surging, "Baby it's for your own good." Alice started once more, Betty's expression crumbling as she began to run to her older sister.

"Ugh! You always say that! And it's not true!" Polly snapped back at her mother as two staff members began to restrain and pull back the frantic girl. Keegan began to do the same, worried that Betty might get hurt in the crossfire. He grunted as the bony hand staff-member had rammed him into the side of the wall to stop him, he watched helplessly as Polly was being pulled away from the embrace of Betty, "I'm gonna get you out of here, I swear to God." Betty cried as she was pulled back into the side of her mother. Polly's screams and protests could be heard as she was being dragged into another narrow corridor.