Twenty

The news that Polly was pregnant had finally surfaced in response to the Blossom family's accusation that Polly had been the one to take Jason's life

The news that Polly was pregnant had finally surfaced in response to the Blossom family's accusation that Polly had been the one to take Jason's life. Keegan standing with Archie and Jughead as they stood outside of the church that Alice Cooper had announced on. Betty's eyes searching the crowd to find some familiar faces, biting her lip as she gave a sigh of relief once she had seen the three boys. Archie nodding his head quietly in reassurance, Keegan keeping his eyes trained on the Blossom family, seeing as Cheryl from behind seemed rigid as she and her parents quickly fled the scene. Murmurs rippling across the crowd as they took in the news. Slowly the crowd dissipated, and the sun hid behind the clouds and raindrops fell. Betty walked over to the boys, the three of them heading over to meet halfway with her.

    Betty sighed, "Thanks you guys, for the support. My mom has been talking non-stop about damage control." She said as the edge of her lips had tugged downward, "No problem Betty." Keegan nodded his head, as Archie gave her a little smile in agreement. Jughead did the same, reaching out to hold her hand, giving it a little squeeze. Keegan thinned his lips, not daring to look as he turned Betty, "I should head out first, I'll see you guys around." Keegan said turning his heels as he walked off without another word. Archie nodded, "See you later Keeg." Archie called, patting the teen's back. Betty frowned slightly, about to ask why Keegan hadn't responded to her text earlier. Though she bit her tongue as she decided not to comment; she squeezed Jughead's hand gently. Betty, Jughead, and Archie talked about what else they could do to try and find Polly before the Blossoms.

    Keegan drove quietly around town, he drummed his fingers on his steering wheel, waiting at an intersection on the road. The scenery gradually morphing into the slums of the South Side: The less than pleasant part of Riverdale. Keegan had not recognized he had arrived in this part of town, as he attempted to quell his nagging thoughts through mindlessly driving around town. Though his mind always seemed to lead back to the same person every single time: Elizabeth Cooper.

    It bothered Keegan to say the least, his mind scolding him harshly. Betty chose Jughead, and he must respect that. He had to be a good friend to her, not just because he liked her- loved her even. It was because she needed a rock to help her get through her situation with the Blossoms and her own family. Even if he was not the only one to be there for her, she deserves all the support she could get from her friends and family. His heart pleading with his mind, too stubborn to accept that maybe it was his time to just accept it and move on from a girl he had liked for so long. Keegan drew a deep breath, his chest feeling heavy as he let out a shaky exhale, "Jesus Christ, I am so stupid..." He mumbled to himself.

    Keegan scanned just surroundings, still waiting for the stoplight to turn green to let him go. Upon scanning his surroundings, Keegan's eyes stopping once he had seen a familiar man wearing a duckbill hat. Fiery red hair peeping from the edges of the cap, it was Clifford Blossom. The older man's expression was grim as he was talking to an unknown individual, the only thing Keegan could discern was the black leather jacket which dawned the signature green snake that the notorious South Side Serpent gang. The teen pulled over by one of the roadside convenience store, parking as searched around for Clifford; He was being escorted into the White Wyrm. It's neon lights flashing as the pair had slipped into the building, Keegan considered waltzing right into the bar to figure out what Clifford Blossom could be doing with a Serpent.