Chapter 10

A/N This is gonna be a fun chapter, hope you're all having a wonderful day! 

As the car slowly grew closer and closer to Park Ave, Peter couldn't help but gawk in awe at the building he was going to be living in for the next two months. He had been in it already, but that was an overnight stay in the medical wing. That was nothing compared to living there.

Happy stopped in front of the building to let them in, then drove of presumably to park. The front door was fingerprint locked, Tony had upped security following the Battle for New York, What  I would've done to be there. Peter thought. He was shaken out of the daydream by Tony speaking.

"We'll have to upload your fingerprint later, but we should probably get you situated first." The door opened with a whir of technology that made Peter internally geek out.

"I see that face, you're excited." Tony grinned, wagging his finger and clapping a hand to Peter's shoulder.

"Just a little. I'm a bit of a technology nerd." Peter looked up at the high ceilings of the entryway. They looked so white and clean you would think you could eat off of it. Tony felt a pang of something familiar. He faintly reminded him of someone. He just couldn't put a finger on it.

"J.A.R.V.I.S! Floor 70 please."

"Ah, already taking young Mr. Parker to meet the team, I see?" The AI responded, a curious tone in his voice. If he'd had a face, Peter knew his eyebrow would be raised. This is  so. freaking. cool! He screamed in his head. He was ecstatic, this was one part he hadn't experienced last time he was at the tower. 

The elevator stopped and Tony walked out, followed by Peter, his fingers nervously picked at a strap on his backpack. His suitcase rolled behind him, bumping as it hit the barrier. 

The Avengers were scattered across the large room, all doing their own things. Bruce was reading a book, Natasha was lounged across the sofa, flipping through a Weapons Catalogue and Clint was rubbing her feet.

Steve was sitting at the dining table, watching a TV on the opposite wall from a chair, the tv was hidden by a wall. He was focused, studying every second of the screen.

 "Mesa called Jar-Jar Binks. Mesa your humble servant." Peter heard from the TV.  Oh. my. god. Captain America is watching Phantom Menace. Peter almost burst out laughing. 

The elevator doors closed and everyone's heads shot up to look at him. He waved awkwardly. Everyone stared for a moment. You could hear a pin drop. Peter scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. 

Steve was the first to get up and walk over to the teenager. They shook hands, the blonde man was oddly surprised at how strong this teenager's grip was. He chuckled, trying to dismantle the tension. 

"I'm Steve Rogers." He flashed a smile.

"I know who you are, I have a whole box full of Captain America Comics in my closet at home." Steves smile turned to cringe.

"Oh, man, that's actually probably weird for you." Peter babbled. "I-I-I'm sorry." 

"It's fine. " Steve assured. Tony gave Peter a look that said Yeah, you should probably stop talking now. The teenager chewed on his lip.

"You're going to be working here for a couple of months, better to have an honest assistant, than a dishonest one." Peter understood exactly what the hero was saying. 

"Yes. sir." Peter said softly.

"Please just call us all by our names, we're not royalty." Steve answered humbly. Pretty darn close. Peter thought, but he wouldn't say that.

"Would you rather I called you Mr. Rogers?" Peter raised an eyebrow. Clint gave a sharp laugh from across the room. Tony snorted. Steve looked around, confused.

"Ah, nevermind." Peter swatted the air.

Peter soon found himself on the couch, chatting with everyone already. They seemed to like him. Tony was glad the kid was already getting along with everybody. As the sun set over New York, Tony felt proud and wondered what this new addition would bring.  When it finally came time for Tony to show Peter to his room. Peter was deep into a conversation with him and Bruce about J.A.R.V.I.S.

"What type of OS did you use?"

"I created my own." Tony answered cooly.

"Damn, I tried that once, total fail, almost wiped my hard drive." Peter recounted while laying in one of Clint's bean bag chairs. Tony rolled his eyes.

"That's why you use a floppy disc." Tony explained.

"I was 11, I didn't know that yet, I've just been too busy lately to try again." Peter said, getting lost deep in thought. Tony noticed it was getting late.

"Welp, I  should probably get to showing you where your room is." Tony sat up. Peter groaned as he sat up. 

"Sounds like a plan." The teenager said tiredly. He thanked the team and they went back down

"J.A.R.V.I.S." Tony called. "Floor 62." 

They arrived onto Peter's floor. Peter could tell it doubled as the Laundry floor. He didn't mind at all. He was just glad to be there.

He followed Tony down a short Hallway, at the end was only one door. Tony scanned his thumb, clicked some stuff on the touchscreen and grabbed Peter's arm, pushing his thumb onto the scanning pad. The lock beeped and the door clicked open.

"There ya go, your door can only be opened by your key and the master key." He wagged his thumb around. He smiled at Peter before he walked off down the hallway, leaving Peter to himself, the teenager closed the door and slipped off his shirt, he flopped onto the bed, his face landing on the pillow. It didn't take long for him to nod off.

Spider-Man was not going to be patrolling New York City tonight.