Chapter 11

A/N Sorry this took so long, got busy cleaning my room and binging Death Note...My new obsession. This isn't a very exciting chapter. I promise, the next chapter is gonna be angsty. 

When Peter woke, he didn't recognize where he was, it took a moment for the memories of the previous day to come back to him. He realized he moved into Avengers Tower and sat up, looking around.

He was drawn to the windows, he walked to the glass wall. The room was so high, he was overlooking most of the city. The regular morning rush was at a complete stop on the street below. 

He quickly unpacked everything, including the Spider-Man suit. He wasn't sure where he was going to put it. He discovered a panel under his bed where he could shift some boards around and reach it easily enough.

He was scheduled to be at orientation in two hours. He didn't exactly know what his job specified, or how much he was going to be doing. But he ultimately decided being early was better than being late. 

He shifted his trousers and collared shirt uncomfortably. He tugged on his collar, it was itchy and he felt like it was strangling him. Once he got a message from Mr. Stark telling him what floor to go to. The family floor, crap. 

He patted his messy hair down to his head and got on the elevator. He shifted nervously on the balls of his feet as the Elevator went up

Once he arrived everyone looked at him, then at the clothes he was wearing. His face reddened when he realized Tony was trying to hold in a laugh.

"You can dress casually, you dork." Tony puttered. Clint was at the end of the tables, wheezing and holding his sides.

"Oh, well. " Peter blushed. "I wasn't sure what to wear."  His face prickled with heat.

"You look so uncomfortable." Tony started, grinning. "You can wear whatever you like. We won't hold it against you." 

Peter nodded and sat in a chair, Tony and set his feet up on the table, Clint was doing the same, but leaning on the back two legs of his chair. Natasha was giving him a death glare, Bruce looked like he was half asleep.

"So, what I was thinking was, you'd mostly be there to help out with any odd jobs around the place... running out to get supplies, taking calls, scheduling S.H.I.E.L.D collaborations, cars, et cetera, ad nauseum." Peter listened intently and nodded along.

"That's pretty much what I expected to be doing." Peter shrugged.

"There's just one more tiny thing." Tony held up a finger, he looked to Natasha who was sitting beside Peter.

"We need you to swear that everything you hear around here, stays only between you and the people in this room." Natashas tone was stern but not threatening. "Not Fury, Not S.H.I.E.L.D, not even your Aunt May, and especially not the press."

Peter hesitated a moment before opening his mouth. "Of course. I wouldn't want anyone telling people my secrets."

"You're 15. What kind of secrets would you have?" Clint pulled his feet from the table and leaned forward. His smug smile showed he was unaware. Peter looked the archer in the eyes, his face straight.

"Well, that's why they're called secrets." Peter answered, as if it should be obvious. Clint blinked, a tiny bit surprised at how serious the teen sounded.

"Anyways, I'm glad for you to be working here. We need some bright people to help. Since the old assistant, Pepper Potts is now C.E.O of Stark industries, I thought this would be a good change." Tony believed in this young man, he seemed very intelligent and humble. 

"Thank you for choosing me. Mr. Stark. I think this will be a great opportunity, it'll definitely look good on college forms when the time comes." 

"That it will." Tony agreed. 

The meeting went on for a few more minutes, they went over the areas Peter was allowed to be in, basics of using J.A.R.V.I.S, and a few other things before the meeting ended and they all spread out around the open floor.

Peter decided it was probably a good idea to start familiarizing himself with the layout of the building. He decided to grab a name tag from Tony, that would be required if he went to the R&D floors. Tony was talking to Clint by the counter, the name tag in his hand. Peter walked over and nervously tapped Tony on the shoulder. 

Tony turned around, he didn't realize Peter was standing too close until he bumped into him, and the name tag fell out of his hands. Peter swiped it and the keychain jingled as it settled, spinning around his finger.

"Nice reflexes, kid." Tony said in a surprised tone. Even Clint looked shocked.

Peter gave a clear, confident smile. "Thanks, boss, I'm off to, um... Explore... I guess."

"Call ya when it's lunchtime." Tony called after the teenager, who was already walking away.

The rest of the day was pretty fun for Peter, he got to check out the famous Avengers Lab, he met the nice Helen Cho, he grabbed schwarma for himself and the team. He had a feeling everything would turn out alright.