Chapter 12

A/N Hope you all are having a wonderful week, I really like the way this story is turning out. Sorry it took so long. I haven't been feeling very creative lately. So this is an apology chapter, action filled. Enjoy. :)

That night, Peter got back from overseeing a scrap metal delivery downstairs, he informed Tony, who had just returned from a S.H.I.E.L.D. check in. He got a warm reply and he was dismissed for the day.  He finished his first day of work and tiredly found his room. 

Natasha and Clint were sparring in the lower levels. Bruce and Tony were on their way to their bedrooms. Peter sat on his bed and sighed, rubbing his eyes.

Peter wanted to take a shower and curl up under his covers. But he knew he needed to go out as Spider-Man. He had slacked off last night and felt he had to do double duty tonight.

"Hey, Jarv's." Peter called as he pulled back the panel under his bed. He pulled out his mended suit, the bloodstain came out, there was a shoddy patch job where his suit had been shot through and cut away for Dr. Banner to operate on.

"Yes, Mr. Parker?" The english accented robotic voice replied.

"Keep this a secret between you and me." He tugged on his mask.

"I recognized you from last time you were here, I scan everyone who comes into the building. I also should inform you that I cannot lie, simply withhold information." The a.i explained, Peter unlatched his window.

"So as long as he doesn't ask you, you don't have to tell him." Peter was talking to himself.

"Correct."

"I don't want to be setting off any alarms, is there a way you can disable the alarm for only me?"

"Yes, your biological signature will not trigger any alarms. Stay safe, Mr. Parker." Peter was interested that Tony had programmed J.A.R.V.I.S to care about people, or at least act like he cared about people.

"Sure thing Jarv's." Peter scooted off the windowsill and for a moment he was flying. He shot his web, his fluid was running low, he would have to find a way to mix some formula in the lab in his free time.

He had been on patrol for about twenty minutes when it happened. He heard an explosion and a building down the avenue rattled. The top few floors erupted into flames. 

"Gas explosion." A few people below claimed as he landed on the roof next to the flaming building. The scream of people inside made him jump into action.

He decided to shoot a line from the open window of the fifth floor to the roof of the shorter building he was standing on. He climbed in through the window, everyone had piled out of their rooms, some had small children in their arms, everyone was swarming at the end of the hall where the staircase was missing, it had collapsed. There were people banging on the elevator door, trying to get out, but the elevator was not moving, it had been knocked around by the shaking.

The building was shaking and the flames danced through the halls, closer and closer. He created a makeshift harness from his web and decided he was going to have to zipline people to safety.He checked behind him, he looked at the approaching flames and asked for a few adults to go down the line first, to help when the kids came down. 

The first few brave adults gathered at the very end, waiting for the children to arrive at the end. As people handed them their children, they were thankful for the hero's help. The last of the children were safe, he sighed, exasperated.

The white hot flames licked his heels as he sent the last person down. The building started to collapse as he grabbed the web. He gripped it tight and started to slide down when the building gave, and he was sent falling to the ground. He grabbed onto the rope and went to shoot a web when nothing came out and he realized the web shooter was empty, he had used it up making harnesses.

He was about to hit the ground, hard, when he suddenly stopped and was left dangling from the rope, his face a few feet from the wall of the building, . He looked up and realized the people he had just saved, had taken hold of the rope and stopped him from falling. 

They looked down at him as they pulled him up awkwardly. He grabbed onto the ledge and was happy to be safe on the roof. People patted him on the back and sat down as he exhaustedly realized his leg was red and bloody, it had been burnt, he hissed in pain as he peeled the suit away from the charred skin. 

Everyone stared at the hero and their eyes focused on the injury, a grey haired lady stepped forward and Peter was a little wavering at her help, but she insisted as she crouched down and inspected his leg. Once everyone was down from the building, thanks to the firefighters, Peter grabbed a bottle of water and rinsed the burn out.

He painfully climbed up the backside of Avengers Tower and to his open window, he pulled the suit off, he wrapped the burn up in an old shirt and got up from the floor. He crawled up to his pillow and the pain subsided as he fell asleep.