Chapter 24 (I have returned from the void)

(SOrrY)

Also sub to me @ sunflowyrofficial on tiktok

After several hours of trying and failing to fall asleep, Tony couldn't take it anymore. His mind was racing and his hands were tingling with energy. The urge to create, the urge to solve the Parker mystery that had been plaguing his mind these past few weeks, the urge to drink so he could fall asleep easier. 

He kissed a snoring Pepper on the cheek and took off for Avengers Tower, focused on distracting his mind with science. 

Peter parker was pacing the common room again, tried to watch a few episodes of a show. That didn't help. Tried drinking some sleepy teas, which his metabolism burned off. Tried taking some melatonin. Burned off. Tried to drink four more cups of tea. Felt sleepy but the half awake sleepy where you are still fully aware and not sleepy enough to go to sleep. He rubbed his eyes, which had formed dark circles and sighed. Maybe he should just go patrol. He dropped down and turned to head to his room. Only to be met with an opening elevator. 

Tony whistled as he walked into the open room. His hands were still searching for something to do. The first thing he noticed  once he entered was one Mr. Peter Parker, standing in the middle of the room, appearing as if he was about to drop dead from exhaustion.

"Damn kid, did you get any sleep?" He said with wide eyes.

"The answer to that is a hard no." He mumbled, swaying back and forth.

"You should really get to bed." Tony grabbed the paper he was looking for from a drawer. It slammed closed.

"Mmm." Peter mumbled, distant. "Been trying, Mr. Stark."

Peter motioned to the counter and Tony's eyes flicked to the empty box of tea bags and half empty bottle of melatonin sitting on the counter.

"How are you even standing, kid?" He looked him up and down. 

"I wish I knew." He shrugged. Giving a far-away look.

Tony tapped his hand on his thigh and sighed. He looked at the open elevator door and back to the exhausted teenager. He was living up to his reputation of being a bad influence.

"Tell you what, how bout since you can't go to sleep, you help me in the lab." 

"Hmm, really shouldn't...safety hazard." His shoulders drooped. 

Despite Tonys better judgement, he guided the teen to the elevator where they rode it down to the lab. Peters eyelids were drooping and Tony helped him onto a stool.

It took all of Peters energy to jeep himself propped on the spinny stool. Even with his super balance. Everything sounded far away and he couldn't understand what Tony was trying to tell him.

Tony rolled a large whiteboard across the floor, it bumped into the table with a thud. He apologized to the table.

He picked up a blue marker and started writing the basics of what he had planned. The marker squeaked as Tony pressed too hard. He licked his caffeine-coated lips.

He proceeded to down his third black coffee. He wasn't sure how long he had been ranting about soldering methods and functions of different types of radiation on the arc reactor, but he did know that the sun was starting to peek into the sky.

He looked over and the teen was  propped on the table, head in his hands, drool coming from his mouth. He wanted to take a picture but was not sure how well that would go over with the teen when he woke up.

He sighed and resiged himself to the fact that the teen was not going to be of any help if he was asleep. He still felt the need to keep his mind busy.

He frantically flipped through his notes and realized that most of it was nonsense, he sat down on the arm chair in the corner, ready to run through the complicated diagram he had drawn yesterday.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he looked back at the sleeping teen. He smiled, he really liked this kid, thank god the boy had finally fallen asleep, he needed the rest. He would fail to see the irony.

Pepper stumbled upon a snoring teen and a passed out Tony when she went to open up the lab a few hours later. Along with piles of papers and illegible messages written on whiteboards, crumpled up blueprints and discarded coffee cups.

Tony-

Peter-

Peter-