-5-

Kiyoko's p.o.v

I groan sitting up rubbing my left eye, trying to get used to the bright sunlight coming through my bedroom windows.

Suddenly I'm pulled down by a strong force. I look to my left and see Utas calm face.

"Good morning to you too" I say. I try to get up once more but he doesn't let me.

I frown and sigh.

"Uta, I have to take care of some business soon, let me get up."

He sits up and opens his eyes looking at me for a second before getting up and going to the bathroom. I also get up and go to my wardrobe to pick out my outfit of the day.

I picked out black high waisted skirt with black thigh highs and a navy green crop top.

Soon Uta came out of the bathroom and left the room. I go inside the bathroom and get dressed also applying a bit of makeup and putting my long hair in two french braids. After satisfied with my look, I go to the kitchen to see Uta digging in my jar of eyes. I walk past him grabbing a few eyeballs and plop myself on the couch. I grab the remote and turn in the television popping a few eyes into my mouth.

"-Late this night was found a dead female ghoul and a seriously injured young man who was immediately rushed into the hospital.

'He survived that!?'

"-In other news, 48 humans and counting were found dead over the night in the 4th ward. After an investigation it has been confirmed that the ghoul known as Cheshire Cat has done this. CCG is doing a deeper investigation to locate this-"

I turned the tv off and put my head in my hands trying my best to not let the tears flow.

"Kiy-"

"Rizes dead, and it's all my damn fault! I did nothing to stop that person! I just stood there like a loser instead of saving the only person who treated me like family!" I shouted still head in my hands.

Soon I felt Utas hand rubbing my back soothingly. I look up at him to find him looking into my eyes.

"It's not your fault and if she was here, she'd say the same" he says softly.

I don't say anything and stand up going into the kitchen to make me a to go coffee. After its done I put on my shoes and grab my jean jacket along with a black beanie.

"Uta I gotta go to work I'll be back later this afternoon, make yourself at home if you'd like?" I say grabbing the door knob.

"Actually I want to take you somewhere when you get back if that's alright?" He asks.

"Sure I'd love that Uta" I say turning my head a bit to give him a small smile. I walk out the apartment and begin my way to my 'job'.

*****

I walk inside the doors of the large abandoned building and make my way to Hirodashi.

On the way I was greeted by my many colleagues until I got to a giant wooden door.

I knocked three times and waited.

The door then opened and sitting in a large throne like seat was a man with purple hair and red eyes looking at me.

I walked into the dimly lit room.