-6-

Kiyokos p.o.v

After giving the leader the full report I started my way back home. It was around 5 by now.

I walked up the steps to my apartment building and up to my door. I put in the passcode and walked inside setting down my bag. I looked around and didn't see my beloved friend.

'Must've left'  I sighed.

I walked into my room to find him laying down on my made bed.

"Or not" I murmured.

"What was that?" He asked opening one of his red eyes to stare at me. I stared back spacing out a bit.

"Uhh nothing important" I replied

He sighed and got up putting on his shoes.

"Where are you going?" I asked him 

"I wanted to take you somewhere remember?" He asked questionably looking up from his shoes to see me. 

"Oh yeah...." I said looking down at my feet recalling this morning.

We walked back out into the living area and to the door. I once again grabbed my bag and made my way out the door, Uta following.

"So where are we going?" I asked looking around the slums of the 4th ward.

"You'll see when we get there" he says monotonously. 

I frowned and thought about the little things that has changed about him but over all he still kinda acted the same...kinda.

I huff and we reach a stair case that leads down to a door.

"HySy Art Studio?" I say under my breath.

Uta reaches in his pocket, pulls out a key and opens the door.

We walk into darkness until I hear a switch and the lights turn on.

I look around confused at the dimly lit room to find black and white checkered flooring and masks everywhere.

Kind of edgy if you ask me...I mean, it's Uta how edgy can we get?

"This.....is my shop" He says.

"Is--is where you've hiding all these years?" I ask turning around too look at him.

He looks to the side to avoid my powerful gaze.

"No, not exactly" He answers

'why won't you tell me what happened...?'

"Oh" I answered

I was curious as to why he disappeared for all those years and i'm sure he knows i am too. But i want to wait for him to tell me why he did when he's ready. I started to walk around the store to look at all the masks studying each and every detail.

Each mask was unique and looked as if it told a story.

"Did you make all of these? Their beautiful..." I said.

"I did, thank you. That means a lot" He said, I nodded.

"So, is this what you wanted to show me?" I asked

He nodded.

"I live here also, just up those stairs." He pointed to a stair case in the far corner of the room.

"Come, i'll show you around" He said

I nodded and followed him up the stairs into his apartment. It was mostly modern looking which threw me off a little. I expected everything to be a little more his style and it didn't at all. 

Most of his theme consisted of black and white and a hint of beige. It was a nice look. His house was clean and he had a nice view of the city.

"Welcome to my humble home" He smiled and gave a little chuckle, which I found cute.

"It's nice, unexpected, but nice" I state still looking around.

Uta walks over to his fridge to pull out a jar of eyes. He pops it open and looks at me.

"You hungry?"

"No, not really. I kind of over ate not long ago...." I say

He just nods in understanding and eats away. I decide to go sit down on his couch and pull out my phone to play some games. Soon Uta comes over and sits on the other side of the couch. It was silent between us besides the few noises from my game. It was uncomfortable, but more calming in a way. After a few more minutes I hear Uta speak up.

"You wanna go visit Itori and Renji with me at the bar?" He asks. I think about it for a minute knowing I most likely have work tomorrow. After some pondering I answered. 

"Eh why not?" I say getting out of my seat. Uta follows and puts his jar of eyes into the fridge.

I follow him out the door into the shop and out to the streets of the 4th ward.

'Not gonna lie, this side of the city looks pretty dangerous at night.'  I think.

Getting lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize I began to walk slow. Suddenly I feel an arm around my shoulders. I look up to find Utas pale face.

I felt a fuzzy feeling in my stomach and attempt to push it away. I can't tell if hes been acting different then before he disappeared. Or maybe it's me?

Soon enough we reach the bar and step inside the cool atmosphere. 

"Hey guys welcome back!" Itori greeted us while cleaning the bar. Renji, without looking back gave us a small wave. 

"Hi Itori" I gave a wave and a small wave. I sat down at the bar next to uta kind of awkwardly.

"The regular please." Uta ordered. He glanced at me before adding 

"And the same for her" He gave her a closed eyed smile.

'Cute'

"Come (Y/N) speak up you weren't like this earlier" She giggled 

I don't know why but outside of ghoul work it's like i had a completely different personality. I was kinda shy and i was nicer to people. But inside of ghoul work i was kind of sadistic and stoic. It scares me sometimes.   

"Sorry...how was your day Itori? Renji?"

"Same as always" Itori answered first as she set our drinks on the counter.

"I was stuck teaching that kid kaneki for most of the day" Renji says. 

"Oh?" I say interested. Kaneki was an odd one. 

"The old man is having me teach him t-" Renji gets cut off by the door opening. 

There stands Kaneki and Touka. 

"Nice seeing you guys again, we were just talking about this one here." I say signaling out Kaneki. Touka nods her head and speaks. 

"Yoshimura told me to bring him here cause it was too risky to let him go on his own." She rolls her eyes and continues "Uta how's the mask coming along?" 

"Good thanks for asking"  He answers with a closed eye smile.

"Well it was nice chatting with you but i have to go, bye" She says before exiting the bar. 

Don't forget to...

Vote~Comment~Share

Have a good day beasties ~