Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Hi Luke!" I called as I slammed the door. Luke sighed and walked over to me. Luke was just over six foot his dark brown hair in an slight undercut hairstyle. He had dark blue eyes like mine and a slight stubble. He was wearing jeans and a red shirt with black timberland boots (which were probably fakes).

"Bus okay?" He said hugging me.

"Yeah." I lied biting my lip. It wasn't as bad as usual, so I wasn't lying so hopefully he wouldn't notice, if he wasn't looking. I went into the kitchen as Luke returned to his book. He was currently reading the first Sherlock book and I was desperate to read it after him. I liked books because it was nice to get lost in a fictional characters world, instead of having to worry about your own messed up world.

"Hey Ro!" Tanya called out from the kitchen. Tanya had long light brown hair down to her hips in a slightly askew middle parting. Her skin had a natural olive glow to it and her eyes were a deep hazel colour. She was fairly short, I was almost as tall as her.

"Zoe please get down from there. Zoe! You will burn yourself!" I lifted Zoe, a bundle of messy brown hair and pink dress off of the counter before she stuck her hand in the pan of boiling water and pasta. I started tickling her. She shrieked in protest and rolled onto the sofa. I decided to turn on the television and when I could see that Zoo House (or something like that) was entertaining her I crept out and went upstairs to play my guitar while I waited for the pasta to be cooked. I loved getting lost in the music, concentrating on my fingers, sliding them over the strings of my guitar. If I had to have three prized possessions they would have to be my guitars, my phone (because it functions as an mp3 player) and my old teddy which I named after Willow, which mum gave me when I was born. Not wanting to think about mum I put my acoustic guitar back and got down my electric blue guitar and started playing along to American authors. The song had a good beat allowing me to strum pretty nicely along to the song. It would have suited acoustic guitar, it would have sounded good dampening the chords but it sounded just as good on electric the chords ringing out on the amp. I loved having an attic bedroom, the ceilings may slope but I had a lot of space to play my guitar. I liked to pretend the room was my stage I was Hayley Williams from Paramore shaking my head and letting my hair fly everywhere or Brendon Urie from Panic at the Disco backflipping off the amp although when I did try to backflip off my amp I was terrified I would make a hole in the ceiling but I managed to land on my feet unharmed (thankfully). I tried to sit down for a few minutes to do some homework but I ended up doodling all over my maths sheet so I gave up and went back to playing my guitar.

***

When I got off the bus the next morning I narrowly missed tripping over Nicks foot. Instead I stomped on it and left him howling and lagging behind to get off the bus. I leaned against the wall outside school and text El.

Hey. U on the l8 bus or already in music? x

She got back straight away.

Bus will only be a min. Stuck in traffic. Grab us a room in music or we wont get 1. We miss morning lessons to sort out band stuff. x

I went into the music block and on my way in I crashed into a guy carting a drum into a room. I turned round.

"I'm sorr..." I trailed off mid sentence when I saw who it was. I collected myself. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Said Skylar looking down at the drum, checking if it was okay. "Hey um.." He looked a bit awkward and scratched the back of his head. "Um, are you doing the, uh, band thing?" He was completely different and sort of cute... no not cute. For goodness sake. But he was different when not around the guys on the bus. Less confident, kind of shy... I realized I was daydreaming.