Chapter 16

We waited in the wings while watching the crowd die down. Beautiful Day came offstage and gave up all high fives.

"You'll rock the stage," A guy called Greg who was the drummer smiled at me as he made his way back to the dressing room.

"Please welcome to the stage INDIGO SKY!" The crowd roared and we walked onto stage. I picked up the guitar and put the strap round my shoulders. One touch and I knew it was a well tuned beautiful guitar. I was shaking with nerves. I took a deep breath and started the intro along with Soph on the drums using a picking pattern.

"How can I decide what's right..." Hayley started singing her voice echoing through the whole of the theatre. I started gently strumming as El started the dampened stream of bass notes.

"Not this time." Hayley's voice rang out and Soph did a quick drumming solo and then we were into the chorus.

"How did we get here?" El built up tension on the bass as Soph continued on the drums.

"It might kill me, I want it to be true." Soph hit the cymbal and I gave one finall strum of the guitar letting it ring out.

The crowd went crazy cheering and clapping. Hayley turned round to face us her mouth a massive O.

We then launched into Love Like War. I started it off a small instumental with my guitar.

"Make a wish on our sorry little hearts..." We got lost into the song very quickly. The songs sped by and I barely had time to catch my breath before we were on to the next song.

"For just one yesterday." We finished the final song and I lifted my guitar above my head as the crowd screamed. As I went offstage I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. We got into our dressing room and hayley jumped on top of the table.

"YEAH!" We were all buzzing with adrenaline and gave each other a high five.

That, I could conclude, was the best night of my life.