Chapter 15

Chapter 15

In the days that followed I didn't talk to Skylar. I thought it might make it easier for both of us when I came to leave him. I buised myself with Band Act, the big day was tomorrow and Hayley had invited us all to hers to celebrate the hard work we had all put in.

"Smile!" Hayley sat behind me and I barely had time to fix a grin on my face before she took the picture. "Aw Ro you can do better than that! Thats not a smile thats a grimace. Whats been up with you recently?"

"Nothing." I mumbled back and checked my phone screen. Yet another text from Skylar lit up my screen, blocking my veiw of the gorgeous Alex Gasgarth. I'd been blocking his telepathic messages so he'd settled on trying to reach me by text.

"Skylar."

"Cheat! You saw my phone!" I put it screen down on the seat next to me but when the bus went over a bump at high speed and my phone flew in the air, I settled on keeping it in my hand.

"No, it's been pretty obvious since that lunchtime in the music room. He came in and you lit up like the sun then when he left you looked like you had your own personal raincloud hovering over your head." I sighed. I couldn't deny it, I'd been feeling really miserable since I'd made the decicion to leave Skylar. "Somthing happen between you two? I mean you didn't even kiss him goodbye when he left."

"I'd rather forget about him."

Hayley grinned. "That'll be our mission tonight then."

And they did help me forget about him. We had a music session in Hayley's dads recording studio which was part of Hayleys massive house. It was great fun, I played on Hayleys dad's Gibson which was ace. We had takeway pizza which is the best food EVER. We did each others hair, makeup and we picked outfits out of Hayleys wardrobe. I let El do mine as long as it was nothing too girly. She let my hair loose and pinned back two pieces of hair either side of my face. For my makeup she put a pale shade on my lids with some flicky eyeliner and mascara which made my lashes much longer. She filled in my eyebrows for emphasis and dusted a bit of powder over my face. She finished off the look with a dark cranberry shade on my lips. Out of Hayleys wardrobe she picked out a back skater skirt with a burgandy top and tights withan army jacket to finish off the look. She handed me various pieces of jewellery to go with the outfit.

"Look, Ro!" I looked in the mirror and was taken aback.

"Wow El. Thank you so much!" El grinned.

"No problem. Now get your ass over there so I can take some photos!" We spent the next hour in Hayleys garden taking photos. As we sat down to watch a movie with bowls filled with toffee popcorn El was flicking through the photos.

"I think I might use some of these for my art course if thats okay?" She whispered to me as the film started. I took a peek at the screen. She was an amazing photographer.

"If you really want to?" I replied unsure.

"Look at the colours especially your hair. It'll look even better in watercolour."

"Shhh you two!" Soph hissed "I want to hear Zac Effron."

After a few movies it was probably midnight but we were still up. We all all went downstairs and got ourselves a mug of hot chocolate and El almost woke Hayley's dog up by tripping over the dog basket. We painted our nails and Soph almost had a fit as Hayley owned a lot of nail polish and Soph loved nail polish. I painted El's nails as a favour for doing my makeup as I didn't want to paint my nails as it just got in the way of guitar playing. I picked out a pastel blue for her and finished it off with silver glitter. Eventually we fell asleep.

***

I was woken up by Soph jumping around and screaming.

"WAKE UP MY PINEAPPLES! ITS BAND ACT DAY!"

Then Hayley decided to join her.

"OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD ITS BAND ACT DAY!"

"You two are worse than a bloody alarm," Muttered El rubbing her hand over her eyes. Then she looked up and her eyes widened. "Don't you-" her protest was cut off by us both getting water poured over our head.

"HAYLEY THOMSON AND SOPHIA READING YOU HAVE ASKED FOR IT!" I screamed and me and El set about our revenge.

Ten minutes later and we were wide awake but Hayley's bathroom was also soaked.

"Right," Said Hayley between giggles "I'm getting in the shower, not that I need one. If anyone else wants a shower there's my parents en suete and two on the floor below." We all got ready, dressing in plain clothes and bringing our outfits with us in bags. El did my makeup again and straightened my hair to stop the frizz. I grabbed my phone off charge and smiled when I checked my messges. I'd been tagged in vairious facebook statues about today and had good luck texts from Luke and Tanya.

And Skylar.

Swallowing the lump in my throat I put a smile on my face and decided I wouldn't let thoughts of him ruin my day. We boarded Hayley's bus excited for school for what felt like the first time in forever. We got there and Mr D hearded us into the minibus up to the theatre. When I got there I was still in awe of its beauty. We were given our dressing room and we all instantly got to work touching up our makeup and putting on our costumes. I was wearing a pair of army green skinny jeans with black rose patterned boots. I had on a baggy black top with a red skull and crossbones with earrings and a choker to match. My hair was loose and straight and had gotten quite long. I fiddled with my guitar pick chatting to the girls listening to the tannoy call up the acts one by one.

"Can Indigo Sky make their way up to the stage please." 

This was it.