Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Aidan's POV)

I waited until the festival was over before I went back into the house. Everyone was too busy cleaning in the kitchen to notice that I had walked in, but that was fine by me. I couldn't care less.

I didn't care about anything anymore.

I already missed Styx and it'd only been a few minutes since he left. He had dropped me off at the front porch before taking off into the woods as a wolf to avoid any conflict. We both figured it was for the best, so we parted silently.

I went upstairs quietly, but frowned as I approached my bedroom. The door was completely gone, taken right off the hinges. Obviously this was my punishment for running out again, but I didn't care. I just walked into the room and went to my window, shutting it. I paused to look out at my mattress that just lay there, getting pelted by the rain.

Looks like I was sleeping on the floor tonight.

"You can sleep in a different room tonight." A voice said. I blinked, then frowned, turning to see Raven standing in the doorway.

"I'll sleep here." I stated. Raven frowned.

"Not on the floor."

"It doesn't bother me."

"You can have my bed."

"I rather bite my own tongue off." I deadpanned, then turned my head away from him before I drifted over to my bathroom, but Raven wasn't leaving. I could still feel his presence. I wanted to whirl around and yell at him, tell him to mind his own damn business and never come back, but for some reason, I just ignored him and went into the bathroom, turning on the bath water.

I let it run while I lit candles, watching the flames tremble under my stare. I frowned, then looked up in the mirror to see Raven standing in the doorway behind me. I whirled around, keeping my ground as I sharpened my gaze into a glare.

"Get. Out." I commanded.

"Aidan. We need to talk about what happened earlier." He said. I narrowed my eyes, curling my lip at him.

"There's nothing to talk about. Get out." I ordered. He still didn't listen to me, stood there and stared at me intently.

"There is something to talk about," He insisted, but I gave him my back as I bent over to turn the water off, stepping back to examine the water, "Aidan. I wasn't lying earlier. I wasn't making fun of you. I was serious. You have to believe me." I lifted my head, then turned to face him partially.

"Right. I'll trust one of the people who've mocked me my entire life over the only person who's ever shown me the slightest bit of kindness. I may be a freak, but I'm not stupid." I responded tightly, clenching my fists. Raven grimaced.

"But I'm not lying. I do love you, Aidan. I love you."

"If you loved me, you wouldn't hurt me."

"I didn't know how to react. I didn't mean to hurt you. I... I'm possessive, all right, I admit it. I didn't want anyone to touch you, but there's another reason behind all that. You're supposed to be mine, Aidan. That's why no one tried to defend everything I did to you. They all know that you're mine and that's why they've been trying to protect you too." Raven explained. I blinked, then stared at him in disbelief.

"You seriously expect me to believe that? This joke is getting old, Raven. Now get out. Go away, leave me alone, or I'll make you." I threatened, turning to face him fully. Raven's eyes flickered and he took a step back, but he didn't leave.

I gritted my teeth, but didn't lunge at him. I was in my human form and I could do as much damage as an ant. Another thing that was driving my temper up the wall as I tried to think of a way to hurt him, but there was nothing.