Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen (Raven's POV)

Two days later, Firefly discovered their heir's corpse lying in the woods.

Styx Lockwood was dead, his throat torn open, and the blame immediately placed on Amethyst, who denied the accusations, but fought back with all their might anyway. A member of Firefly was injured during the confrontation, so we had to send Holly and Lars out to secure the pack.

As for our pack, we were beginning to relax as the rest of Kyler's pack arrived with food bought from Rosemary. We were fully stocked again and we actually had decent measl to speak of now. The only things that worried us now were our enemies and Aidan's pregnancy.

Aidan hadn't shown anymore signs of being pregnant. He was vomiting or swelling or eating six times his weight. In fact, he wasn't eating too much and insisted on doing something active, even if it meant running up and down the stairs.

"Maybe he's not pregnant at all." Zaid had suggested to Kyler one night in the living room after dinner, but Kyler frowned at this as if it were a bad thing. He sat back on the sofa with Remi, who was making a check list of all our supplies before glancing at Kyler curiously.

"He should be," Kyler said after a while, "It's impossible not to be. It happens the first time. How long has it been since you two screwed?" Aidan blushed, leaning against the wall beside me and shifting uncomfortably at the question.

"Just a few nights ago."

"Specifically."

"Maybe five?"

"That's impossible," Kyler insisted, looking irritated, "He should've started puking yesterday. In fact, you look perfectly healthy and not pregnant. Are you sure you did it right? Did you release inside?"

This was probably the most uncomfortable conversation I'd ever had in my life. Aidan seemed horribly embarrassed, his cheeks burning bright red as he looked at me nervously. I just nodded, but didn't say anything. Kyler sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Maybe it isn't you then... But then, Cal would've had the symptoms already too. Are you sure you only had two pups?" He asked, looking at Zaid, who frowned.

"Yea. I'm positive. Jack told me it was just twins." He answered. Kyler flinched at the mention of this Jack person, then rose to his feet, looking annoyed.

"Fan-fucking-tastic. Jeez, maybe you two need to fuck again." He stated.

"You don't have to be so crude about it." Zaid muttered flatly, folding his arms over his chest and leaning on the fireplace. Kyler cocked a brow, then dramatically pressed his fingertips together towards us.

"Right. I'm sorry, you must have intercourse again and make sure you release your sperm inside of him. That professional enough for you?" He asked, dropping his hands onto his hips. Zaid smacked his forehead and Remi just smiled uneasily before rising to his feet, taking one of Kyler's hands and stroking his fingers.

"I don't think you got enough sleep. Come on, let's go into town for some more supplies. I also need you to check off the things Scythe and I didn't get from the hospital. Maybe in the mean time," He said, turning to look at Aidan and I, "Maybe you two... could try again?"

"Why would I want to," Aidan asked horrified, "If I'm not pregnant, great! I don't want to be. I don't want to suffer."

"But don't you want to do it with Raven?" Kyler asked. Remi elbowed him and gave him a look that said now wasn't a good time to talk about that. Kyler scowled, then glanced toward Aidan, who shifted uneasily.