Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen (Aidan's POV)

"Aidaaan!"

I could hear Raven calling my name, but he was eventually drowned out by the rain that poured down on top of me, almost knocking me to my knees in the mud, but I kept going.

Why?

Because I was pissed!

Who are they to run my life? Who are they to tell me things and hide things from me? It was my life and I could do with it as I pleased! At least, that's what I wanted to think, but I couldn't do this! I couldn't be...!

No! It was a lie. Raven was making fun of me again. He had to be. It was impossible for that sort of thing to happen to me. I just had the only person who showed me kindness lie to me and betray me, then Raven apologize while at the same time making fun of me- again. There was a war with two other powerful packs and I was soaking wet to the bone and he wanted to tell me I had the nerve to say I was blessed with pregnancy.

Blessed!

Blessed?!

You call that blessed?!

I felt cursed! As if being short and slow wasn't enough, they had to throw that at me next? And what about me? I was still a kid myself, I couldn't do this! What if it killed me? What if the kid hated me like everyone else? What if it hurt? Shit, of course, it was going to hurt! No!

This was impossible!

It had to be!

I finally stopped running because it hit me that I had no idea where I was.

Nothing looked familiar. The trees drooped under the weight of the rain that came down with a vengence, my hair sticking to the sides of my face. I swept my hand across my face to see where I was going, but it was useless. Nothing looked the way it should.

The tree branches looked like hands reaching out to grab me, the wilted leaves crying rain to the ground below, making it mucky and wet. To have it grow mushy that fast meant I was near a lake or pond, or swamp. I wouldn't doubt a swamp being nearby, after all, it was Alabama.

I sniffed, looking around and debating to go back the way I came, but I didn't want to be near Raven.

Just thinking about him made my blood boil.

Instead, I just sank to my knees in the mud, squeezing my eyes shut.

He was lying.

That wasn't me.

He had it wrong.

It wasn't me.

"Aidan..." I blinked and jerked my head up, staring past my hair and the rain to see someone stepping out of the woods. My breath caught in my throat as Styx stepped from the woods, looking at me in surprise. I didn't know what to do.

I hadn't seen him in days.

At least, not in person, only in the nightmares I was sure he had sent me. It had to be him.

Yet, he didn't look like some kind of killer or psycho right now.

He was wearing a nice silk white shirt with black torn jeans, a long black rain coat protecting his attire from the rain. At the same time, his dark hair was plastered to his head with rain, his black eyes watching me curiously.

He approached me, kneeling down.

"What are you doing out here? It's dangerous. This is Crystal Line territory." He murmured. I blinked.