Chapter Two

You were playing "Mario Kart 8: Deluxe" on your Nintendo Switch when you heard the doorbell ring along with a gentle knock. You put down the Pro Controller that you were using on the coffee table and dashed out to the front door.

Wait! It could be the Mario Bros., you thought.

This is it! You quickly dashed up to the window to check who was out there. You had thought correctly because standing outside were Mario and Luigi!

You ran out into the hall and up to the front door.

Twisting the key in the the key in the lock, you carefully turned the door knob.

The sunlight illuminated the otherwise dimly-lit hall of yours and you were greeted with two smiling moustachioed young men.

One, was and was wearing a red shirt, denim overalls and a red hat with an "M" insignia.

The other, slightly taller, in similar attire but instead had a green shirt, darker overalls with a hat with an "L" insignia.

"Good afternoon!" The duo chirped, winking and tipping their hats at you.

"Hello guys!" you replied with a nervous smile.

"Here, follow me!" you chirped.

"Okey-dokey!" The brothers exclaimed enthusiatically. They tagged along after you as you lead them into your kitchen.

A/N: Apologies :( It was kind of short.
The next chapter will be much, much longer as we delve in deeper into the story!

See ya!

💚💚💚

•ThatGreenPlumber