Chapter 6

"You-a just don't get it Luigi. It's unprofessional to bring that... kind of-a stuff to the workplace!" Mario exclaimed, flashing a scowl at his younger brother.

"Unprofessional? I never say anything about the countless visits you pay to Peach!" Luigi protested, his blood beginning to boil.

"Yeah," Mario crossed his arms.

"At least I don't bring her to the plumbery!" 

Luigi backed away from Mario, staring him down.

"Well, she invites YOU to the castle! Only God knows what you two get up to there!"

"W-what? What are you tryin' to-a say Weeg?! We're... just devising ways to make the Kingdom a safer place!" Mario stuttered.

"SURE you are!" Luigi teased.

The green clad plumber glided towards the doors of the workshop. 

"Well I'm sorry Mario. I'm an ADULT. I want to-a have a social life as well as a love life. I'm not letting my pathetic brother take that away from me," he bellowed.

Luigi dug down into his overall pockets and slipped out some keys and forcefully handed them to Mario. 

"W-why are you giving these to-a me?" Mario asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"I'm leaving. You lock up the place whenever you're done. I'm going somewhere else with Y/N, like I'm apparently supposed to." Luigi explained.

"You're not leaving me with this much work!" Mario protested, getting in front of his brother and blocking the doorway.

"Heh. Maybe when I begin to be treated like the human I am, I'll return! Sayonara, hypocritical piece of trash!"

Luigi barged passed Mario and headed out to where you were waiting for him.

"What's up?" you asked him.

"Oh no, no, no..." Luigi began, scratching his head.

"Nothing. Everything's fine."

Just then, Mario reappeared through the workshop doors.

"Hey, Luigi's-a girlfriend. If you-a don't need anything, you'd best be off now..."

"I'm sorry. I guess this wasn't the best place to use as a meeting point," you apologized.

Luigi clutched one of your hands tightly and whispered in your ear.

"Let's-a get outta here."

The two of you silently left the plumbery.

As you headed down the street, you grew concerned with Luigi's silence. He didn't seem to be in the best form, either.

"Luigi?" you called.

"Yeah, Y/N?" he replied.

"You seem sad. Are you okay, (Your nickname for him) ?"

Luigi blushed and chuckled at the nickname you gave him. He thought it was really cute and it made him feel special.

"Yeah," he sighed,

"My-a brother is just being a complete weirdo. It's all-a my fault. I'm an idiot. That wasn't a good place for me to meet with-a you."

"Oh no, everyone makes mistakes. You're not an idiot" you assured him kindly.

"T-thanks! I don't get Mario. When he does questionable things, I never complain.  He goes on tons of adventures without me - I never complain. He makes all these cool new friends while I'm locked up at home- I never complain. The one time I'm trying to finally surround myself with people, he gets angry. I don't care what he thinks anymore. He's not my father!"