Chapter Seven - The Start of it All

"What if he goes to our school?" Ally asks, digging her spoon into her bubblegum ice cream.

"Oh my god, he could." Harper says, twirling her own spoon in her chocolate chip ice cream. I pop a spoonful of homemade peach ice cream into my mouth. I got a scoop of peach and a scoop of banana. We had gotten back to Queens late last night, and Ally had demanded that we go out today to get ice cream. I still have homework to do.

"You're awfully quiet," Harper says, smirking at me. "Thinking about your dream guy?"

I roll my eyes at her and continue eating my ice cream. She does a fake, dramatic gasp.

"Spider-man. Oh, the spider-guy!" She gushes.

"Quit it, Harp, of I will dump your ice cream on your head." I say. She glares at me playfully.

"You wouldn't dare."

"You can't blame her, Harp. I mean, have you seen his arms? They're sooo muscular." Ally gushes. "And, plus, he saved her life, so..." she giggles.

"Peter's got some competition." Harper says. I slap her thigh with a snort.

I look up as I hear the door to the ice cream parlor open, setting my spoon down. Tyler Cummings and his band of dimwits parade into the ice cream parlor like they own the place. Tyler's eyes meet mine for a second, and I look away quickly, returning my gaze to my ice cream.

"Oh lord. It's Tyler and the dimwits." Harper says flatly. I chuckle softly.

"Tyler's here?" Ally asks, shooting her head up and completely ignoring Harper's rude but funny comment.

I lean forward, craning my neck around Ally and watching as the boys lean on the counter, ordering their ice cream. Tyler's friends shoot a couple smirks and winks at us, and by us, I mean Ally. The hot one of the three.

They each pay the girl at the counter and walk over to us.

"Hey, babe." Tyler says with a cocky smirk, wrapping his arm around Ally. I look at Harper.

"Babe?!" She whispers quietly.

"He literally asked her out yesterday. Over. Text." I reply, lowering my voice.

"What are we whispering about, ladies?" Flash walks over to us, leaning in the middle.

"Like you would care," Harper says.

"Actually, I do." He says, eyeing our ice cream.

"Leave 'em alone, Flash. They aren't interested." Tyler chuckles, walking over to a big table, hand in hand with Ally. Ally gives us a wide smile and shrugs, sitting in a booth cuddled up next to her new boyfriend.

"You're kidding." I say flatly as Flash joins them.

"So much for ice cream with the girls," Harper sighs, turning around in her seat. My eyes linger on the pair for a bit, just as Tyler looks over his shoulder and winks at me.

"I have a bad feeling about those two being a...thing." I say quietly, turning around and finishing my ice cream.

"Doesn't everyone?" She asks.

"I'm serious." I say.

"Whatever. Let's just go and leave the two lovebirds to their lovebird business." She says, getting up out of her seat. I follow her out of the ice cream parlor, trying not to stare at Ally and Tyler on my way out.

~~~

"Peter." I say, tapping him softly on his back. Harper isn't here today, so I actually have a chance of talking to him without her breathing down my neck and mocking everything I say.