Chapter Fifteen - Uneventful

"Guys."

Ally and I turn around to see a wide-eyed Harper standing in front of us. We were told to tape up homecoming reminder posters (yeah, cause people totally need a reminder for homecoming), and Harper ran out of first period to come find us.

"What's wrong?" Ally asks. She hesitates and opens and closes her mouth.

"Just say it." I say.

"Nathan Hemings just asked me out." She blurts, then squeezes her eyes shut after she says it. Ally and I look at each other, grinning wildly.

"Oh. My. God." She starts.

"This is great!" I exclaim.

"No, it's not!" Harper whines.

"Oh, please. We all know the one and only Harper Parkins has no interest in guys. But, ever since fifth grade, you've had your eyes on..." I start, and look at Ally.

"Nathan Hemings," she gushes dramatically. Harper's cheeks turn red and she glares at us.

"What did you say?" I ask.

"I asked if he was serious." She says bluntly.

"Of course you did." Ally sighs.

"And then what did he say?" I ask.

"He said yes."

"And then...?"

"And then I said I'd think about it." She says, staring at her feet.

"This is great! This is so great!" Ally exclaims.

"Did he ask you like just now?" I ask.

"Yeah. We were in the library. He was casual about it. I was looking for a book and he brushed up against me...and, well, asked me out." Harper says. Ally and I grin at her.

"Stooooop," Harper whines.

"Ooookaaaaayyy," Ally replies. "Go back and say yes. Fill us in on everything at lunch."

"Okay." She says, then turns on her heel and leaves.

"She's liked that kid ever since they were partnered together for that stupid project in fifth grade." I sigh happily.

"I know. This is a dream come true. I didn't think she would actually say anything to him, you know?"

"Yeah. Nathan is pretty cute, though." I say.

"Is he as cute ask Peter?" She replies, smirking. I roll my eyes.

"Of course not," I giggle, putting a piece of tape over the blue poster.

~~~

"So that's it! You're officially dating." Ally says excitedly.

"So now the only one that needs a boyfriend is Juniper." Ned says, chewing on his sandwich. He glances at Peter, then returns his gaze to me.

"Why did you feel the need to say that?" I ask. I glance at Peter, who is slightly red and staring at his feet.

"I dunno." He shrugs.

"Well, she'll get one soon enough." Ally chuckles. I roll my eyes.

"Anyways..." I say.

"Are you guys all going to homecoming?" Peter asks.

"I am. Oh, that reminds me, the three of us should go dress shopping together." Ally grins.

"I don't know if I'm going or not yet." I say.