Chapter 2

After their middle of the night adventure, Stiles dropped Ashlyn off at home where she immediately went to her room and passed out. The lovely intro to Acid Rain by Avenged Sevenfold woke her up the next morning. She got up and took her shower, then picked out her outfit. She decided to wear an oversized Avenged Sevenfold tee that she got at one of their concerts, a green flannel, with black leggings and black combat boots. Ashlyn walked in zombie-like steps as she went to put makeup on and straighten her hair. She hadn't been getting enough sleep lately. Looking at the clock, Ashlyn groaned as she realized that she didn't have much time to eat breakfast. Her mom poked her head in right when Ashlyn was walking towards the door with her bag.

"Morning sweetie. I was thinking you were still asleep. Since you came home so late last night..." Ashlyn's mom said as she looked Ashlyn up and down. "My daughter is beautiful."

Ashlyn smiled a genuine smile. "Thanks mom. And sorry for coming home so late."

"It's okay. You just have to explain to your dad that you were out with your friends and you lost track of time."

"You rock, mom." Ashlyn smiled as she walked passed her mom and downstairs to get an apple. "When do you work today?"

"I am leaving right now. Have a good day at school!" Her mom yelled as she walked outside but the door didn't close.

Ashlyn walked towards it to close the door, thinking that her mom just forgot to close it, and found Stiles almost tripping up the stairs.

"Smooth, Stilinski." Ashlyn smirked.

"Oh awkward. You saw that." Stiles rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He was wearing a brown t-shirt with a brown plaid shirt and jade green pants that actually went nice together. "Morning to you too."

"Good morning." Ashlyn went up on her tip toes to kiss him. "We should probably get to school, huh?" She sighed.

"Yeah. Probably." Stiles mumbled, his mouth still puckered a little.

Ashlyn grabbed her bag and walked out the door, closing it behind her. Stiles was already at the passenger side door and had it opened for her. Ashlyn curtsied and smiled then got in. Stiles scrambled around the front of the car to the driver's side and climbed in, putting his car in reverse and backing it up.

"I'm exhausted. I swear, if you guys keep dragging me along to your late night adventures I'm gonna need a whole weekend just to sleep." Ashlyn yawned.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. It's just I'm used to staying up late and so is Scott. And with all that's going on, you kind of have to be awake most of the time. Well, me at least." Stiles furrowed his brow.

"You still need sleep."

"Yeah, I know. I still get sleep. But I finally fall asleep like, really late."

"I understand. The whole best friend being a werewolf thing is keeping you from sleeping." Ashlyn smirked as they pulled into the school parking lot. Stiles had to leave to go meet Scott in the locker room after morning practice, which Stiles skipped, probably because he was sleeping. Meanwhile, Ashlyn went to go find Allison. She saw Allison at her locker and went to say hi.

"Hey girl." Ashlyn said with a wave.

"Oh, hey Ash." Allison replied, a hint of sadness on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, it's just - just Kate's funeral is today..." Allison said in a quiet voice, tears welling up in her eyes.

"You'll be fine. It's going to be okay. You're supposed to cry at funerals." Ashlyn said while touching Allison's arm.

"For her."