Chapter 12

Everything after that was a blur. Scott and Stiles grabbed Ashlyn by her arms and basically picked her up while they ran to the jeep and drove off quickly.

"Where are we going?" She asked the boys who were clearly stressed out.

"My house to talk to my dad." Stiles asked.

"Well, can we at least stop by my house so I can get out of this dress? It will be 10 minutes and I know we are in a hurry. You can even time me." Ashlyn asked.

"No." Scott snapped.

Stiles turned the car around and headed towards Ashlyn's house. Ashlyn had a triumphant smile on her face as she looked at Scott, who has a scowl on his. They pulled up outside of Ashlyn's house and she quickly got out of the car and ran upstairs to change. She just threw on yoga pants and her Crown the Empire crewneck that said 'Become the Cog and Crown' that she got from their concert. She slipped on her converse sloppily and almost tripped. Ashlyn ran back downstairs and out to the jeep, Scott opened the door for her and she climbed into the backseat. She was breathing heavy.

"Damn, I need to work out more." Ashlyn huffed, Stiles chuckled and quickly backed out.

They showed up at his house about 15 minutes later and the three of them ran inside. When they got in there, they rushed inside and called for his dad, who walked around the corner from the kitchen. Stiles and Scott explained to him that they knew who the killer was and said that it was this Matt kid then showed him a picture.

"So this kid's the real killer?" Stiles' dad asked the three teens.

"Yeah." Ashlyn nodded her head.

"No." Stiles' dad shook his head.

"Yes!" Stiles said again.

"No."

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect the victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles urged his dad to believe him.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." Stilinski deadpanned.

"Alright, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything."

Stiles moved his hands around spastically. "H -"

"Scott, Ashlyn, do you believe this?" Stilinski asked the other two.

"Oh." Stiles sighed.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us." Scott explained.

"We know it's Matt." Ashlyn agreed.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles nodded his head spastically.

"Alright, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?" Stilinski asked his son.

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in like, six years." Stiles stood there with his mouth gaping open and his arms spread out. "Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?" Stiles sighed.

"What do you want me to do?" Stilinski sighed.

"We need to look at the evidence." Ashlyn spoke up.