Chapter 8

Jackson ran off. At that moment, Allison whisked Lydia away and all that was left was Ashlyn, Scott, and Stiles.

"We've gotta follow him." Scott said.

Stiles took that as a cue to start to run spastically towards his car. Ashlyn got in and Scott got in right after her. They followed Jackson to this back alley and Stiles drove up to a tall chain link fence.

"What do we do now?" Stiles frantically asked, but Scott was already out of the car and over the fence.

"He's gone." Ashlyn grumbled as she looked at her phone and it was already 11pm

"Oh, damn." Stiles drove around and parked in an alley next to where Scott disappeared.

When they both got out, Stiles pointed and Ashlyn saw Scott looking around a corner of a building. They walked up to him and Scott jumped and turned around with a frightened look on his face.

"Holy cr -" Scott hissed.

"What - sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?" Stiles asked.

"I lost him." Scott bowed his head.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Ashlyn sassed.

"I don't think he has one." Scott sassed back, Ashlyn glared and shifted her weight nervously.

"Alright, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked.

"To kill someone." Scott deadpanned.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Stiles said, sarcasm seeping through his tone. Scott whipped his head around and rolled his eyes at him. "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

Ashlyn bit her lip to try and keep from laughing but couldn't help it. Stiles looked down at her and shrugged his shoulders.

"Just help me find it." Scott snapped.

"Not 'it.' Jackson." Ashlyn spoke up.

"Yeah, I know. I - I know."

"Alright, but does he know that though? Did anybody else see him back at your house?" Stiles wondered.

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway." Scott sighed.

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?"

"I don't know." Scott huffed in annoyance.

"Maybe it's like an either - or thing." Ashlyn spoke up again. Both Stiles and Scott whipped around to face her.

"What?" Scott asked.

"I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom, right? When's the Kanima not the Kanima?" Ashlyn asked and raised her eyebrows.

"When it's Jackson." Scott came to the realization.

Stiles grabbed Ashlyn's hand. He looked so proud. Stiles all of a sudden tightened his grip on Ashlyn's hand and pulled her back a little. "Uh - dude." Stiles stuttered nervously. "See that?" He pointed up to the roof.

Scott stepped back and watched as Jackson, in full Kanima form, broke through a window. Ashlyn looked around the corner and noticed that it was a night club.

"He's inside." Scott pointed out the obvious.

"What's he gonna do in there?" Ashlyn scrunched up her nose in confusion.