Chapter 10

"Stiles, I'm fine." Ashlyn said for the thousanth time since Stiles showed up at her house about 10 minutes ago. "I don't care that you took Erica to Derek. I have already told you that."

"I know, but I - I just can't help it. Okay?" Stiles sat down and grabbed Ashlyn's hands in his.

"I know you can't." Ashlyn smiled a little. "So how is she?"

"She's fine. I guess." Stiles shrugged. "Hey, do you want to come to my dad's work with me? I have to bring him dinner.

"No that's alright. That's your time with him." Ashlyn smiled.

"He wouldn't mind. He loves you. I promise." Stiles whined.

"Stiles, it's okay." Ashlyn nodded her head.

"But I want you to come, okay?" Stiles pulled his puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh, fine. Just stop it with the puppy dog eyes." Ashlyn pushed his face away.

She then got up and put Stiles' sweatshirt on that he gave her and went out in cut off exersize pants then put on a pair of tennis shoes.

"I guess I'm ready for the date with you and your father." Ashlyn smirked.

"Oh, come on." Stiles rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand.

They left her house and went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of healthy food. Like salad's and celery sticks and carrots, including veggie burgers. Ashlyn gave Stiles a weird look when they were at the check out and he told her not to ask, so she didn't. After that, they headed for the station. Stiles got them buzzed in and they walked in Sheriff Stilinski's office.

"Hi Mr. Stilinski." Ashlyn waved.

"Well hey there Ashlyn." He smiled warmly. "Hey, Stiles."

"Hey, dad. Here you go." Stiles said then grabbed another chair so Ashlyn could sit down and handed his dad the food.

Sheriff took a bite of the burger and gave a funny face. "Oh, what the hell is this?"

"Veggie burger." Stiles said as he grabbed his salad.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." His dad glared at him.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." Stiles held up his salad with a smile as Ashlyn took a bite of her own salad.

Stilinski opened up another bag and found the celery sticks. "Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please?" Stiles pleaded. "And tell us what you found."

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers." Sheriff said.

"Is that it on the board behind you?" Ashlyn asked as she looked behind him.

"Don't look at that." Sheriff quickly said.

"Ay -" Stiles started to say.

"Avert your eyes." Stilinski scolded.

"Okay." Stiles ignored him.

"Hey!"

"Just - it's just - I see arrows pointing at pictures." Stiles keeps craning his neck around his father.

"Okay, okay, stop. Fine. I found something." Sheriff gave up and looked at Ashlyn and Stiles. "Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common."

"All three?" Ashlyn asked and took a celery stick.

"Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's a coincidence."