18| Stained Glass

"The future Lady Hadey!" I took a deep breath in as the music began and slowly walked out, all the VK's clapping as I did so.

"Work it girl." Lumiere whispered to me causing me to chuckle before composing myself and making my way down the stairs, taking Beast's hand when he offered it.

"Hello." I greeted the former king and his wife, who both smiled at me.

"Hi," Beast greeted, "Ben is on his way, but you look beautiful."

I glanced down at the yellow dress Evie had made for me, glancing at Belle who had a twinkle in her eye, "Thank you."

"I know we were shocked at first, but you-you are exactly what Ben needs." Belle told me as she took my hands, and I smiled at her. Was I really?

"And lucky for me, she doesn't go by first impressions." The Beast joked causing me to laugh.

I then turned to see Mal behind me, she then bowed to the former king and queen.

The Beast nodded, "Of course."

I smiled at Ben's parents before turning to Mal and taking her arm as she lead me over to the others.

"How you feeling?" Mal asked me and I shrugged.

"You remember that time when you, Carlos, and I went in Cruella's fur closet?" Mal nodded at the horrifying memory, "Well this kind of feels like that."

Mal nodded, "Yeah, okay. Just remember, we're right here with you." I nodded at her, smiling at my other friends as the familiar fanfare played.

"Introducing," Lumiere called out, "King Benjamin."

I looked up to see Ben, handsome as ever entering. I felt like my hear was going to explode right there. I was utterly in love with the King of Auradon.

I clapped along with everyone else as he made his way down the stairs, I felt all my worries melt away.

Evie nudged me forward, "Go on."

I smiled at her before walking over to Ben, he quickly bowed to me and I watched in shock, before quickly bowing as well.

I smiled at him, but he didn't return it.

"Hadey," I looked up at him, "I wish I had time to explain."

   I looked at him, confused, before the sound of gasps came from everyone and I looked up to see Uma at the front of the yacht, all dressed up.

   I turned to the gang who looked just as shocked as I probably did.

  When I turned back to look at Uma, I saw that Ben had taken her hand and was leading her down the stairs. What was happening?

   I then watched as Ben kissed Uma's hand, more specifically, the ring that was on it.

   Ben's ring.

   My ring.

  I looked down at my hand where I ring used to be. Why did Uma have it?

  Ben and Uma slowly walked towards me, hand-in-hand, and I found myself  taking a step back away from them.

   "I'm sorry," Ben told me, his green eyes looking glazed over in the glow from the twinkle-lights, "It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma," He looked at the girl next to him, the one who kidnapped him, "It was a connection."

  I felt like I couldn't breathe, like everything inside of me was breaking apart. It felt like I was falling, and there was nothing to catch me at the bottom, all I could hear was the wind in my ears.