08| Going Back

I ran back to the room, ignoring Ben's calls for me and the worried glances from the people I passed.

As soon as I got into the room, I locked it, leaning against it as I caught my breath.

Then I felt something wet drip down my face, I was crying. I was crying over this!

I quickly wiped away the few tears that fell down my face, making my towards the trunk at the end of my bed.

Once I had the clothes that I wanted (they were pushed to the very bottom) I quickly changed into them, not caring as I ripped the yellow dress as I threw it to the floor.

I took a breath in as soon as I laced up my combat boots, glancing at myself in the mirror. For the first time in a long time I looked like...me.

   After I had packed my things into my bag, I made my way over to Evie's desk, grabbing a piece of notebook paper and writing a note. 

   I don't belong here. Don't come looking for me. You're better off without me. Take care of yourselves.
     - Hadey

As I finished the note, I looked down at my hand where Ben's beast ring was. I looked at if for a few seconds before shaking my head, and taking off the ring, placing it down next to the note.

  Now all I had to do was find a way to get back to the Isle.

  I looked around the room, stopping when I saw the keys to the motorbike sitting on the table. I quickly picked them up, sticking them in the front pocket of my bag.

   My eyes then caught on where Mal's spell-book laid on our shared nightstand.

   I walked over, flipping through the pages until I found what I wanted, "Sorry, Mal." I muttered to myself as I ripped the page with the flying spell.

   As I folded the paper up, I glanced up to see a photo of Ben and I on the night of his coronation. In the photo I had my head thrown back in laughter as he displayed his cheesy dance moves with his signature smile on his face.

  I took a breath in at the memory, before slamming the photo down onto the nightstand.

  I smirked to myself as I picked up my old jacket, pulling it on. I smiled at the familiar leather feeling.

  I slung my bag over my shoulder, my bike helmet tucked under my arm as I walked out the door, it slamming behind me.

  Bye Auradon, it was time to go home.