6

I'm getting ready to go home. It's about 1:30AM and almost everyone has left. Earlier, when I told Signe about everything, we made a promise never to speak of it again. The rest of the day was just as usual as the rest.

As I trudged out of the bathroom I spotted Damian clearing some shelves.

Walking over to him, I started to feel queasy and light headed. I noticed that my sleeves were damp with blood. Not even the bandages stopped it from seeping through.

He noticed me standing. "Oh hey Jack! Why don't you head home? It's getting late anyways, I'll lock up!"

His voice sounded muted. My vision started to go out of focus. "Jack are you alright?" Everything I saw started to get really bright. But when I felt off balance I knew I was falling.

"Jack! Thomas call 911 now!" Damian ran over to me and picked me up bridal style.

"D-Damian.." I could feel my eyelids beginning to close. His face was in distress. He was shouting things at some of the coworkers in a panic.

"It's ok, it's ok Jack, everything will be alright, it's gonna be ok, just st-stay with me ok..?" He said, mostly to himself while looking at me. I reached my hand out to cup his stubbly cheek for comfort before everything went black.

-----------

I woke up in a hospital bed. Second time this has happened.

I looked around, my vision was extremely blurry. But eventually I adjusted to the atmosphere and I could make out some faces sitting in chairs.

Damian, Thomas, Amy, and Signe were sitting in chairs talking to the doctor. Amy was the first one to notice that I was awake. She ran over to me and hugged me tightly. "Sean! We were so worried!" The rest gathered around me and had their fair share of hugs.

"Wh-where's Mark..?" I asked. Signe was the one who snarled at the name. "Who's Mark?" Thomas asked slightly worried.

"Hey I'm gonna talk to Jack alone," Signe moved everyone out of the room and walked over to the bed. I sat up slightly and searched for my phone. Luckily it was still in my back pocket. "Jack, we're not bringing Mark over here, at all," she said sternly.

"But Signe! He's my husband!" I argued.

"Sean! He abuses you! Cheats on you! Rapes you! I'm just scared of what he might do to you, that's why I didn't tell the nurses if there was anyone else who would want to know about this," she looked down, a tear slipping from her eye.

All of a sudden Amy burst through the door. "Who abused him?! Who raped him?!" She shouted like an angry mother.

"Wait.. you heard..?" I stuttered.

"Is Mark the one who hurts you? Do you cut your arms because he hurts you?" Thomas asked, his face written in worry.

"Y-yeah.." I muttered, looking down at the sheets.

Damian and the rest of them walked over to me and cradled me in a big hug. "He doesn't deserve you," Amy said, stroking my back.

"You're too good for him Jack, he can't see how amazing you are," Signe kissed my forehead.

"You're beautiful Sean, don't let him take that away from your mindset," Thomas said, nuzzling my faded green hair.

"We're always here for you, you can tell us anything," Damian smiled, patting my shoulder gently.

I was gonna cry, but I only let a few tears slip from my eyes. "Thanks guys, but I really want Mark to be here, he's still a nice guy.. sometimes.."

"But is that really what you want Sean? For him to be here?" Amy asked with a serious expression.

I nodded quickly. They called a nurse and told one of them to call Mark. While we waited for Mark to arrive, the nurses talked to some of us and gave me a few meds to take.

Soon we heard loud footsteps thumping towards the door to my room. Damian, Thomas, Amy, and Signe all stood close by my bed. They all looked about ready to pick a fight. The door swung open, making us all jump slightly. In the doorway stood Mark. He was sweating and completely out of breath. His expression changed from tiredness to worry when he saw me in the hospital bed for the second time in two months.

"God Sean, I was so scared why didn't you tell me?" He ran over to me and hugged me close to my chest.

His muscular arms wrapped around my slim waist protectively as he planted kisses all over my face. The other four in the room stared at Mark in shock. Signe on the other hand was silently holding in her anger.

"I-I didn't know.. if you'd b-be angry or n-not.." I stuttered, finally mustering up the courage to wrap my arms around his neck. "Sean, I would never be angry at you for this, I get so worried about you, I just want to protect you.." he sobbed, nuzzling his head into my neck. I kissed his cheek softly for comfort.

"Who brought him here?" Mark asked once he let go of me.

Damian spoke up. "He came out of the bathroom and he collapsed, I told Thomas to call 911 while I carried him outside," Damian gave Mark a sympathetic look.

Mark gave a tight hug to Damian. "Thank you.."

Then Thomas spoke up slightly angry. "Do you hit him? Or hurt him in any way possible?"

Mark let go of Damian and sighed, looking down in shame. "I w-wish I didn't.." the four gave each other suspicious glances. "What do you mean by that?" Amy asked.

"I-I don't know.. maybe I ha-have split personalities or something.." Mark rubbed the back of his neck and sat down on the edge of the bed. Signe didn't look very convinced. The others did though.

"Why do you abuse him? Why do you cheat on him? Why do you rape him?" She bombed with questions angrily, leaving him in shock.

"I-I.. I just.. g-get these mood swings... an-and I feel terrible.. but I don't e-ever show it... because I don't k-know how.." Mark admitted, fiddling with his fingers in his lap.

"It's ok Mark," I muttered, crawling over to him.

I embraced him in my arms. His arms traveled around my waist as he sobbed silently into my chest. I ushered Damian and the others to hug him too. Luckily they got my message and wrapped their around around us and each other.

"I love you Mark.." I whispered into his ear softly.

"I'm not sure you want to though.." he responded, making my heart rate speed up a bit.

Does he not love me?

A/N: im tired as hell 1150 words