No more secrets

Natasha's pov

"So? You gunna tell me what really happened?"

I resisted the urge to tell him the truth. I couldn't.

"You just found out"
I said coldly
Clint stared at me waiting for me to reveal anything, but I kept still and quiet. As far as I was concerned no one was going to find out what really happened.

"Fine, keep your secrets. Maybe you'll tell Steve."
He huffed heading towards the door.

"What was that?"
I said eyes glaring into his back. He only looked over his shoulder

"Tell Steve, you clearly feel more comfortable with him."
I raised my eyebrow

"I was there Tasha! You called him instead of me. I could of helped you, you don't need him. "
I gasped at the realization that he followed Steve to my house, the day I called him.

"Are you forgetting that he helped you bring me here, not once but twice!"
I said lashing out at him.
His eyes narrowed as he looked at me anger burning in his eyes. He grabbed the file from the basket and threw it in the garbage. Looking at me one more time he slammed the door shut, leaving me alone.

Steve's pov

When the bell rang indicating school was finished I made no hesitation driving to the hospital. I walked down the familiar hallway and opened her door.

"Hey Nat how's it go- "
But I cut myself off. Natasha stared at me with wet cheeks and puffy eyes. She'd been crying. In seconds at was at her side.

"Nat what's wrong"
I said softly

"I-it's Clint. We had a-a fight."
She cried as more tears rolled down her face. I pulled her into an embrace rubbing her back.

"Is that what's bothering you?"
She pulled away and looked into my eyes. She then took a shaky breath and slowly shook her head.

Natasha's pov

After Clint left I couldn't help the guilt building up in the pit of my stomach. I'd lied to everyone I cared about. If I'd just told Clint the truth then maybe he'd still be here. My thoughts carried back to all the abuse my dad put me through. To all the times I loaded my face with makeup to hide the bruises. To all the lies I told.
Tears flowed down my face. All my bottled up emotions were finally coming out. I secretly wished that Steve, my Prince Charming, would swoop in and save me just like last time. I looked to the file sticking out of the garbage. Maybe they should know the truth.

I didn't know how long I'd been crying when Steve opened my door. I heard him say something but I didn't really hear him. He came to my bedside and spoke something audible this time.

"Nat what's wrong?"
I held in a cry

"I-it's Clint. We had a-a fight."
But the tears didn't stop. The water clouded my vision, but I felt strong arms wrap around me. Steve pulled me into his chest, stroking my hair as I secretly smiled.

"Is that what's bothering you?"
I pulled away from his warm chest. It was time. I had to tell him. No more lies. I inhaled a shaky breath and shook my head no. The first true thing I'd done in a while.

"Steve I need to tell you something."
I said calmly as the last of my tears had dried, although it was likely more would come.

"Anything"
He said moving a little closer to me.
I looked down as I begun.
I started with my mother, how she died. Then I told him about the drinking. I told him about the very first time my dad hit me. I told him I didn't really get jumped. I told him I didn't want to lie anymore. And I told him what really happened the night he found me in the pool.
My watery eyes glanced at Steve when I finished. His mouth was open slightly and I could see the streaks of tears that were on his cheeks. But his eyes were so sad. His once bright ocean blue eyes, were dull and full of sorrow.
This time it was me who pulled him into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my head in his chest. His arms held me tighter and soon he pulled away.

"Why Natasha? Why not tell anyone sooner, why didn't you let anyone in?"

"Because I was afraid. Afraid of what my dad would do if he knew."

"Don't worry I'll tell the police and they'll- "

"No!"
I shouted

"You can't tell anyone. Steve promise me you won't tell anyone!"
I begged holding his shirt like a scared child.

"Okay. I won't tell anyone. "
But part of me knew he wanted too.

"Thank you. "
I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.

"Natasha dear? Your fathers here to take you home."
The familiar voice of Sarah said through the door.
My heart skipped a beat.

"Natasha I don't want you going home with him."
He said grabbing my wrist as I got out of the bed.

"You have to let me. No one can know."
He looked at me desperately

"You mad a deal. Maybe I shouldn't have told you. I'm sorry I made a mistake. "
I gathered my stuff in my arms and left the room.

"Natasha how you feeling sweetie?"
My dad asked so falsely I almost laughed

"Better."
Which was true. I'd almost fully healed in the time I'd spent in the hospital.
We left and I climbed into the car.

"How did they know?"
He snarled, as he stepped on the gas
I stayed silent

"You contacted someone didn't you Natalia?"
I shook my head. My cheek suddenly stung from a slap.

"Liar!"
He pulled up to the house and I ran inside.

"Natalia you never learn do you?"
He held my phone in his hand. Dropping it to the floor he crushed it. My eyes widened.

"Next time no one will come."

Hey guys! Alright so I'm alive, I know it's been a while but I try my best to update as frequently as possible. It will only get harder once school starts but I will try.
Anyway Natasha finally told someone about her dad. But can Steve keep the secret? Or will he let it slip ? What about the relationship with Clint and Natasha? Find out next chapter.
Also Soccergirl3138 i finally incorporated price charming! Sorry it took so long.

Love 10starlight
Xoxo
Vote and comment