coffee

"I told you every thing I could remember please Doctor I need your help I need to get rid of that nightmare or I'm going to live like this lost and terrified for the rest of my life ".

"I'm afraid that I can't help you more than you could help your self MS. Li it's your memories but I could tell you it's going to be hard, you lost your childhood memories due to brain damage after your accident." he stated morosely while scribbling some notes .

"Is that it......you are just telling me to bare with this to the end, and just give up "I frowned, almost. "But I don't want my memories back, I was too young anyways. I just want to stop that nightmare".

"I'm sorry MS. Li but there's nothing more I could do, your memories must come back, everything is related in you brain it's called 'post-traumatic amnesia' your brain decided to forget everything related to that traumatic incedint because it couldn't handel it but your subconscious mind is still clinging on this memorie trying to process everything that it has been through" he stated then silence was all I heard, at this moment a tear escaped my eyes and rolled it way down my cheeks.

So I guess this is my fate, and I would have to cope with it. But how can I? It bothers me so much that I feel like it's a curse!

"I guess there's something that you should give a try but scientifically its not proven to be true so I can't assure you it will work " he added.

"Please anything! " I say desperately.

"Try going back....to the place you you lived in your childhood it should give you a clue or at least a hint of your past " he added, "but it might not be a good idea, your brain thinks you are too weak to process this so maybe you shouldn't. You might pass out or worst fall into a traumatic coma".

A moment of silence struk for a second as I tried to process what he just said,
"thank you very much Doctor Huston I'll try your advice" I said while leaving the room.

I knew from his tone that is nearly impossible and I'm going to live that nightmare every night but still there is hope.

Lexi was waiting for me in a coffee shop nearby so I headed back to her. And once I put a step into the shop the coffee's aroma made me feel so happy. Like ughhh the smell !

Lexi soon raised her hand when she saw me and waved her hand, motioning for me to go to her.

"Soo, how did it go?" lexi asked excited.

"I don't even know " I reply.

Lexi pouted then took a sip out the straw of her milkshake.

"excuses me what do you want to order ?" The waiter interrupted, she starteld me.

" double shot americano " I say, she wrote my order then left.

"Hey Li take a pic of me, I haven't posted anything in a while" lexi gave me her phone and had already posed.

I groaned as I took the picture, because I knew it wouldn't be just one.

"Here you go" I extended my arms giving her the phone.

"One more please" she said emphasizing the 'e'.

"Ughhh fine, just one" I reply defeated.

"one more" she said attempting a puppy eye

"I said just one remember ".

"But that man photobombed it " she pouted crossing her arms to her chest.

"No" I teased .

"Here's your americano" the waitress served.

Coffee my bae, where have you been all day long. I took a couple of sips then paused for a second.

"Lex I think I will go" I say.

She had a perplexed look on her face then uttered " go where?".

"Back home" I say completly out of focus .

"Ok let me finish my cake and shake first" she said stuffing her face with chocolate cake.

"Not that home stupid, I mean my childhood home" I say .

She shoked on what she was eating widening her eyes, "what about school ?"

"I'll just get a doctor's note that says I have to rest for two weeks because of that hit on my head" I reply.

"two weeks??"  She asked.

"Ya, anyways I took my exams already so it's not that big of a deal " I said taking a sip from my coffee mug.

" It's the only hope I've got "

°°°°°°°

~^-^~

Did you like it ??
And how often should I update ?

Biee, see you next chapter ^-^