Chapter 16

Every morning I woke before dawn and felt the first twigging cold of the air. My wife was always beside me. Her warmth comforted me as much as her nakedness. I was grateful for the quiet moment just before the hectic day started again. Her body was slender and delicate. I still marveled at my fortune and felt utterly blessed for having the woman of my dream.

My eyes were drawn down to what I longed to caress, a small furred area, the dark curls spreading lightly upward. Reaching my hand to that place, I fondled it. Amarisa sighed in her sleep. I moved down and planted a kiss on her hipbones then the top of her sweet mound. Her eyes were closed, but I knew soon she would welcome me with her own longing.

I kissed down her thighs, which radiated heat like the embers of a fire. She did not show any signs of waking. I gently parted her shapely legs. The heat grew more pronounced against my face. I inhaled her sweet scent. She always smelled like a flower. I nestled between those tender folds and breathed her in again. Amarisa sighed. I needed to make it fast before the morning sun rose.

"My beloved, very fruit of my heart," I murmured. The princess stirred a little from the sensation. Her petal-soft skin was divine and I couldn't get enough of the nectar slickness weeping from her core. Drawing my tongue through the blooming flesh, I reveled in the flavor until Amarisa began to squirm to the conscious world.

She sighed loudly although her mind was still foggy with sleep. I did not wait for her to be fully awake when I plunged my need through her walls. Moaning against her glisten lips, I applied more pressure with each delicate rotation of my tongue until I could feel the gathering.

"Nikita!" Amarisa gasped and raised her head from the pillow to look at me. She was both surprised and intrigued to find me between her legs, fulfilling her needs without her asking.

Her hand laced through my hair while her other hand clutched the bedcover. Her beautiful legs instinctively jerked as her tender skin yielded, even more, seeping slow warm juices.

When I slipped into that sheathing warmth with my fingers, I was sure we both felt a slow climbing tension. Amarisa was shaking; her eyes alighted at the slow rising of tide inside her. I found her pleasurable depth which caused her hips to buckle wildly. Her jaw set from crying out loud, but her whimpers were still untamed as I drew out the spasm of ecstasy from her depth.

Her whole body shuddered and her legs stiffened as I helped her ride out the orgasm.

Afterward, we lay breathless. My head rested on her thigh, lips, and fingers coated with sweet love juices. Then Amarisa drew me to her breasts and cleaned up my mouth with hers.

"O Nikita, my heart's love," Amarisa panted. "How I wish I could stop the sun from moving the day forward. I want us to stay like this always."

I looked into her glazed eyes and stroked her face. The sky was still dark, and we shared our passion again. My mind was still muddied from the climax. I drew the princess closer until the sunrise taking me away from her.

~*~

The days of waiting slowly passed and the fated night arrived. The great black clouds emerged like battling elephants leaping and rolling on the horizon. Constant thunders roared over the mountains on all sides. At nightfall, everyone gathered around to watch the full moon, for this might be the last full moon they ever saw. The music of trumpets and war drums resounded. The high priests chanted their hymns and blew their conchs to fill the windless night.

The ill-fated moon seemed closer to the earth than usual. The surface was turning rusty orange and only bright enough to illuminate the surrounding clouds.

The King and Queen were silent. They stood looking up at the sky. My friends seemed fearsome with their layers of flashing armor.

Amarisa and Kesar had helped me into my armor, which was finely crafted and glimmered like serpent's scales.