Chapter Three: Priceless Reminiscence (Part one)

Chapter three: Priceless reminiscence

Candace´s blonde hair burnished in the sun light, her stormy blue eyes woke up to an unfamiliar backdrop, she sat up and came face to face with the person who had held her up in the alley, she recoiled in fear, the person smiled as if trying to soothe her, ¨ Don´t fear love, You are safe here.¨

¨Who are you and where have you brought me? Sir.¨ she asked courteously, her head down, her cheeks flushed. Her mind was filled with the reminders of the previous evening. The man had rescued her some how? She had fallen asleep, why? Candace had many questions, she looked up and was troubled by the proximity of the man, he had somehow crept right next to her, without making even a thud.

  ¨My name is Dominic. Might I say, you are going to taste so sweet.¨ the man murmured in her ear, his frosty breathe making her uncomfortable. Before Candace could comprehend his words, he was at her neck, his lips touching them, while something sharper than teeth forcing themselves into her skin, her neck throbbed. All of a sudden, it was all gone, pain made way for pure pleasure...

 Candace whimpered and then she was arrested by desire. She pressed her neck further into his teeth? Too incoherent to think, Candace reveled in the moment.

She felt dizzy and the man relaxed her onto the bed. Her vision was fading when abruptly something was being forced in her mouth. Her taste buds tingled with sweet nectar, energy gushing into her. She managed to open her eyes and was aghast to see herself sucking blood from the man’s wrist. She tried to struggle against him, but he whispered, ”Imbibe it! Appreciate it while it lasts! I am going to have so much pleasure with you.”.  And then suddenly he disappeared, the blood trickled down her chin. Candace wiped it quickly.

She remembered the folk-lore narrated by her mother at lonely nights when she would be wide awake. After her father’s death due to a terminal disease, her mother rarely slept. She did this for years until she lost herself.

Monsters were what Candace thought of as those people whom her mother entertained at night. She had never thought there would be real monsters such as Dominic, vampires or those anciently known as   “Pisaach.”

Candace withdrew from the recollection. Her entire being shaken from the reverie, she had savored the fear in those paltry humans eyes for as long as she could remember. She had learned to relish in their terror. Now that she saw herself as a victim, she repulsed herself. But the dilemma was, she didn’t know who repulsed her, the old her or the new one.

Candace woke up on the same bed, she hated living like this, being used. She was hardly conscious any more. The day would start with her waking up to an empty house, with a note by Dominic to do some chores and then he would come to her with the promise of pain and pleasure. And then when she would become feeble, he would apologize and make her swig his blood down her dehydrated throat. At hours of darkness there would be blood swapping, some attempt to infringe her decorum, where she would plead him to discontinue and then he would leave with a promise to attain her in every single way. He would bind her to the bed before leaving, always. She could see his tolerance with her growing thin. So she decided.  Decided to end her life before she could lose her dignity.

She moved closer to the chain and then she wrapped the chain around her neck, wincing at the burn. Then she rolled towards the edge of her bed, ready to meet with death that would be, much sweeter than her life. She wanted to hear her voice one last time,”I love you, Dad.”

And then she turned over once again, the floor coming closer to meet her, the chain tightening around her collar.

 Continued...