Chapter Six: Playtoy(Part one)

Candace sat in her exquisitely furnished hotel room waiting for Kristina, sipping coffee.

She had sent her to spy on Will while she had tried to search out Kilroy’s workplace in vain. She had decided to find a place to stay. With the money she had, she could stay anywhere in this city for any time period she wanted. She had finally settled on this posh looking hotel on the non-happening part of the city.

Sipping the coffee and with nothing to do, her thoughts slipped back to how her father would rub his coal-smitten hands on her little nose when he came back from work, then she would whine and he would rush to wash himself, but she would hug him from behind. While her mother stood watching them in the kitchen, amused.

Then there was the night when she waited and waited for her father to make that black mark on her nose while she lay on her bed, but he never came. She remembered how she had rushed downwards on hearing the words, ”There was a fire…” But then her mother had hugged her and told her to go back to bed, locking her in.

Her mother’s sobs every night after that were enough for her to conclude that father wasn’t coming back.

She still missed him, desperately.

Candace heard someone knock the door, expecting it to be Kristina whom she had messaged the address, she just murmured a “come in.” Kristina walked towards her looking flustered.

~~~

Kristina didn’t knew who to trust, the man she met yesterday or the girl who might have saved her life. After talking to Kilroy, she knew she doubted that Candace saved her. Should she trust Kilroy and live or be Candace’s bitch and get killed by Kilroy or in Candace’s messy business? The choice was clear to her.

“Report?”

“He sat whole night watching a movie about blondes.” Kristina smirked.

“Damn! He’s still whipped. Poor guy,” Candace stated, her lips stretching in a smug smile.

She couldn’t help but fall more into the belief that Kilroy was not lying. There was a new feeling growing inside her, bitterness towards Candace. She pitied Will for how Candace had already damaged him and how much more was still to come.

“I need to give him a visit.” Candace mused.

Kristina stiffened and blurted out, “Why?”

Candace glared at her. Kristina grinded her teeth and just started walking towards the door. She knew Candace didn’t liked her “minions” to question her decisions. This might have been irritating before, but now she was beyond infuriated at how Candace treated her. Once again Sam’ words rang through her mind. “She would rather kill a family than save anyone.”

Was that the truth? Was Candace the one to light up the fire? Was there even a fire? After all she had never doubted Candace and gone to check up on the house.

“You can stay here, Kristina.”

It was clear from her voice to Kristina that she was rolling her eyes. She wanted so bad to leave. Just run, run away from Candace, run away from Sam, run away from the truth.

But in spite of this, she turned back. Without a word, she walked to the window and leaned on the niche there.

She heard Candace shuffling out of her chair, the cup in her hand placed on the table. Kristina stood rigidly, her mind filling with questions, but she knew that he bitch wouldn’t entertain any. As soon as the door shut, she pulled out the phone given to her by Kilroy probably installed with a GPS tracker. She messaged Sam, “Candace left for meeting Will.”

~~~

Will stood outside the candy shop once again waiting for the girls to come out. When suddenly, his senses were filled with the essence of Candace, he turned around with a jerk. There she was, standing in the alley, her back facing him. Before he could walk towards her, she had already started walking into the alley. Should he follow her? Only to be disappointed? Again.

But this time he was sure he had found his Candace.

 (A/N: I will be unable to upload for the next two months. Bear with it.)