Chapter Seven: No love lost (Part one)

Kristina lurked once again around Will’s window, but this time she was not bored. She was afraid and kept thinking what if Candace saw her doing this instead of staying in the hotel she had already paid for. She had come back from her rendezvous with Will and packed a little of her clothes and more of the dangerous weapons that included tear bullets, darts, and even a spray. For normal people they might be a joke, but for a vampire they hurt like a bitch.

She saw Will insisting on her waiting in the hallway as he ran towards his room. He probably needed to stash his collection of “blonde fantasy movies” under his bed.

Kristi sympathized with him somewhere deep down in her heart; after all they both had been played by Candace the freaking puppet master. Although she was fortunately not the one who had spent more than century under the clutches of Candace. She really was thankful to Sam about that.

Will finally came out with a grin stretching across his face, his eyes lighting up and making him look more human than any vampire she ever saw. That must have had to hurt. It was painful for her to watch Will like a happy puppy wagging his tail around Candace.

Before Kristi could shake out her thoughts, she almost shot out of her hiding position despite her vampire reflex when Candace suddenly jumped Will. This was followed by a lot of stomach-turning sounds that disgusted her with her super-hearing. This was definitely not in her job description, she thought as she stalked away from Will’s apartment.

“You don’t hate her.” Kristi stated.

“What?”  Kilroy stared at Kristi feigning confusion. He perfectly knew what she was talking about. As much as he needed to kill her he didn’t hate her, never could. The sympathy he had for her because of his past, overruled the hatred for vampires at times.

“You expect her to turn good. So when she does something like this, it reminds you that she will never change.” Kristi looked straight into his eyes.

Who told these teenage vampires that they have to be all philosophical and shit? Sam thought but didn’t reply back because she was somewhat close to the truth. It was weird how a stranger could understand him and his own flesh and blood didn’t.

~~~

All Candace could think about while she kissed Will was why she couldn’t have loved him instead of that Khetak. It would have been so easy with Will, she could have the happily ever after she always wanted. But then again she remembered how she forgot William the moment her eyes laid on Samuel.

She had told him things she could never tell anyone, trusted him more than her life. And all of that to know that the only thing he wanted was her death. She would have done anything he wanted her to in a heartbeat. She would have quit hacking off human heads, she would have killed sweet bunnies or even drunk stale donated blood. She would have done anything before. But now there was only one thing on her mind. Revenge.

~~~

He loved her so much, how could he have ever thought that he could get over her? Once he had Candace, all girls had paled in comparison, she had ruined him. The taste of her lips was mesmerizing; it reminded him of their wedding kiss. Sweet, sweet Candace.