Chapter Three: Priceless reminiscence (Part two)

Candace eyelids fluttered open. Was she in heaven? But where was her Father? She slowly comprehended the surroundings, she was not dead,  her neck wasn’t sore, it didn’t show any marks of the chains. Her vision was clearer, sharper, past memories seemed to be blurred. Her sense of smell heightened.

Her memory of last night was messed up, hadn’t she plead him to not despoil her modesty? But what she remembered now was him forcing himself on her. She had lashed out at him while tears ran down her face and those tears when had come in contact with his pale skin, he had screeched like a wounded animal. He then had fixed his eyes on her, telling her to disregard the incident and she had forgotten until now.

She had become a monster, she cursed, instead of getting a happy afterlife with her father, she would rot eternally. Steering clear from those thoughts, Candace tried to focus on the thing she wanted the most for now, revenge.

She needed human tears, a vial of it. Candace broke the chain with a simple jerk; she was amused by her strength. She raced out of the house, amazed by the air rushing by her side, everything was crystal clear to her eyes and she could spot every imperfection.

She was inside the neighboring house and some shrieks later, she was out with a vial full of human tears, her wrist disfigured by the drops that had fallen on her.

She lay back near the bed, just like before, seemingly lifeless. Being a vampire, she could easily hold her useless breathing and of course there wasn’t a beating heart.

She could hear his feet, sounding distinct, in the otherwise silent house.

“What? She took her life? Damned human always so weak.”, Dominic shouted.

Candace was seething but managed to remain unmoving.

“Darling, now why did you have to do that? I had been so good to you. Now I will have to find a new beauty for myself.”, Dominic droned on.

Candace knew at that moment, that this fiend was not leaving the premises of his house alive.

He came closer to examine the circumstances and that is when Candace attacked him with her new-found supernatural strength. She went straight for his exposed torso, tearing his shirt away and then smashing the vial right over his heart. All in a few milliseconds.

Candace’s eardrums almost burst with the intensity of his screams, but it gave her a sick pleasure. Her hand burnt with some lone tears which had fallen in the attempt, but she was so focused on Dominic, she didn’t care.

Dominic was writhing on the floor, his body drying up, losing color. Soon the room was engulfed in complete silence.