Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Stiles P.O.V.*

"Why is Scott here?" I ask, nonchalantly. On the inside, I'm freaking out, but Derek can't know that.

"How the hell should I know, Stiles?" he says to me in a fast pace. Even without werewolf hearing, I can hear his heart pounding.

"Well, all we've done today is make-out, even in the shower," I say disappointedly. "therefore, the scent of arousal can't be that bad." Derek turns to me with an 'are-you-kidding-me' kind of look. He puts his finger to his lips and I just roll me eyes, hiding my nervousness.

Just then, Scott busted through the front door.

"Hey Derek, have you seen-" he stops mid sentence and stares at me. I give a big smile and wave. "Nevermind, found him. Stiles, what are you doing here?" Scott continues.

"Watching Twilight because I don't have enough werewolf in my life already." I roll my eyes as I give my sarcastic response and turn back to the movie. Since when did the credits start rolling? Scott glares at me before turning to Derek.

"Derek, what is he doing here?" Scott questions. Derek just looks over at me, then back to Scott.

"Umm we were just-"

"Waiting for you, idiot. Ready to train yet?" I cut off Derek. Derek turns to me, thanking me with his eyes.

"Oh umm yeah sure" Scott says as he turns and walks outside. Derek and I let out the breath that we didn't know we were holding in. Derek turns around, exiting through the front door to train his Beta. I, on the other hand, lay back down and wait for the Beta to leave.

***********************

One hour passes and Derek is finally back inside. The entire time, I couldn't stop thinking about what we were supposed to tell people.

That I hang with Derek Hale?
No.

That I've kissed Derek Hale?
Oh no.

That I'm dating Derek Hale?
Oh. Hell. No.

"Stiles? Are you okay?" Derek is snapping his fingers in front of my face when I finally start paying attention.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired" I say, yawning as if on cue.

"I would be, too. It's already 10:30" he says, smirking as he sits down right beside me.

"What?! 10:30?! I gotta get home, my dads gonna kill me!" I start to panic and stand up. I run to the bottom of the steps before I feel an arm wrap around my waist, and I am pulled into a warm body now pressed against my backside. I feel a warm breath behind my ear that brings a shiver down my spine and I am all of a sudden calm again.

"Stiles, calm down. Scott was going to call your dad and let him know that you were staying with him tonight, but that you were already asleep." Derek kisses behind my ear before settling me back down on the couch.

"And what makes you think that I would want to spend the night with you, huh?" I smirk as a look over at Derek who is on the other side of the sofa.

"Since there's a creature out there that Deaton doesn't even know exists and I don't want you home alone while your father is at the station." Derek keeps his eyes focused forwards on the new movie that I had put in while he was training.

"Wait what creature? And since when was my dad working tonight, I thought he was off?" my voice slowly gets more depressed as I finish my sentence. He really has been working a lot lately, and I wish that 99% of his cases weren't caused by the supernatural. Maybe then he wold work less.

"There's a creature lurking around that can hypnotize. Once you are under it's spell, it will either deem you worthy and insert you into its clan, or it will kill you because you're too weak. Luckily, werewolves are immune to it's powers. But, I don't know how many people it has, or how many are in it's daze, but nobody else needs to be involved," Derek explains in a tender voice, facing me the entire time. He turns his face forward again before continuing. "And I don't need anyone else dying, that's why you're here."

"Wow. I don't know what to digest first, the fact that you care, the fact that there's a new supernatural thing running around town, or the fact that you think i'm too weak to join it's clan." I say, counting the subjects on my fingers as I turn to him, smirking. He puts his head down as he chuckles.

"How about you forget all three things and just get over here?" he says, smirking as he looks over at me and pats his lap twice.

"Sorry Sourwolf, but i'm too WEAK to make it to the other end of the couch," I say as I spread myself out dramatically. My legs are extended onto the coffee table, my arm hanging off the arm of the coach, and my head is flung back. What happened next I never would have seen coming.

Derek laughed.

Like, a full on laugh.

I sat there and stared in awe. I admired the way his eyes creased as they closed with the laughter. The way his his nose scrunched up like a puppy's, and his mouth was widened and smiling while it emitted the loudest laugh he could muster. He had one hand across his stomach and his head was flown back, showcasing his rosy pink cheeks and his laugh lines. These combined features were beautiful.

So beautiful.

I surely couldn't make a sarcastic comment about this, no matter how many opportunities I had. I mean, the guy who never smiles was laughing at something I said. Why can I not make fun of this? Oh yeah, that's why. He looked genuinely beautiful, and I couldn't help but to stare.

Once his laughter died down, I was snapped out of my daze and the sarcastic comments would commence.

"Did Derek Hale just laugh?" I said with a shocked look. He just looked at me with a fading grin. "Looks like the Sourwolf isn't always sour." I continue, still staring him in the eyes.

He starts to scoot in closer when I hear a noise outside. By the look on his face, he heard it too. "If I could hear that, it must be r-really close," I say nervously.

"Upstairs. Now." Derek demands. He takes my face gently in his hands before pecking my lips tenderly with his. Once he pulls away, he places a small kiss on my forehead before his usual rock-exterior is replaced. He walks to the door and stands there. It takes me a minute to realize what he's waiting for.

I make it to the first step before turning around. "Derek, I-" I cut myself off. Too soon, too soon, too soon. "Just, please be careful." I say with pleading eyes. Even though he didn't see my face, I know he felt what what I was trying to portray. I run up the stairs and into Derek's room. I lock the door behind me and sit on the bed, scooching my back to the headboard and tucking my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around my knees and the blanket around my body.

It's only day one of our relationship and there's already some strange creature. Looks like I have great luck, don't I? I guess that's what I get for dating an alpha werewolf. All of a sudden, I hear a loud roar and a howl.

I know he will be okay.

I hear a loud hiss.

I think he will be okay.

I hear leaves rustling mixed with growls and the whip of a tail.

I hope he will be okay.

I hear something hit a tree followed by dead silence.

Oh god, please be okay.